Old 10-25-2019, 10:40 AM
Par Member

Niced 95 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zontar View Post
so having an extra $15, $30, $60 is nothing considering the incredible amount of time and work that goes into most events.....
Agreed.

Does anyone's opinion change knowing that the amount of forfeited fees was over $300?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 131
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 734 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
Agreed.

Does anyone's opinion change knowing that the amount of forfeited fees was over $300?
I would say no, the amount is almost irrelevant. Not the TD's fault players didnt show up or give proper notice prior to the official refund policy locking their payments in. The players that did show played for exactly what they were supposed with 100% payout based on the number of participants and the required added cash.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
I would say no, the amount is almost irrelevant. Not the TD's fault players didnt show up or give proper notice prior to the official refund policy locking their payments in. The players that did show played for exactly what they were supposed with 100% payout based on the number of participants and the required added cash.
I agree the number should be irrelevant as well.

In this event the forfeited entry fees were actually put back into payout proportional to the Pros and AMs that did not show up.

That was the reason I created this thread and contacted the PDGA with an inquiry. I wrongly assumed that the money was required to go to payout - lesson learned.

After reading all the feedback, I believe the TD just needs to grow some thicker skin and make the call without concern for any negative responses to the decision.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,148 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:

After reading all the feedback, I believe the TD just needs to grow some thicker skin and make the call without concern for any negative responses to the decision.
Haven't I taught you anything over all these years???

The words are: "You may feel free to shop elsewhere".

Old 10-25-2019, 12:54 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Haven't I taught you anything over all these years???

The words are: "You may feel free to shop elsewhere".
I have added a mild level of "Biscoe Sauce" into my actions, but not the "Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Sauce" you so easily put forth.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-25-2019, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,148 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
I have added a mild level of "Biscoe Sauce" into my actions, but not the "Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Sauce" you so easily put forth.
That is only for people who refuse to shut up for 10 minutes when I am trying to talk and no longer needs to be used very often...
Old 10-25-2019, 05:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 269 Times in 140 Posts

Irrelevant side note:

Whenever i read this thread title, i keep reading "fortified" instead of forfeited. Makes me laugh a little.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 146
Niced 350 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Agreed.

If you think of the forfeited entry fees as just another form of added cash, then I don’t care where they go, as long as the TD hits the PDGa minimums.

Put it in the general payout pool, put it in a specific payout pool, buy lunch for your volunteers, or stick it in your pocket. All fine with me.

Related question: If the TD of a C tier raises $1000 in sponsorship and puts $400 to payout, $100 to lunch, and $500 into his own pocket as payment, is there anything wrong with that?
Old 10-26-2019, 04:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,834 Times in 1,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddL View Post
Related question: If the TD of a C tier raises $1000 in sponsorship and puts $400 to payout, $100 to lunch, and $500 into his own pocket as payment, is there anything wrong with that?
Only if the sponsors that gave him the money had a specific intention for what they donated (like a sponsor gave $500 specifically for a certain division's payout or something). If they don't care or object, then no one else should either.

Old 10-26-2019, 09:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 146
Niced 350 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Only if the sponsors that gave him the money had a specific intention for what they donated (like a sponsor gave $500 specifically for a certain division's payout or something). If they don't care or object, then no one else should either.
That’s my take as well. Probably more likely is that a sponsor gives the money with the agreement that they will get their logo printed on a t-shirt and have their business linked to and advertised online and at the tournament. Beyond that, a lot of sponsors don’t care. So, as a TD, your responsibilities are to meet the agreement you set with your sponsors, meet the requirements set by the PDGA for your tier, and meet the promises you made to your players. Beyond that, you’re completely free to spend or allocate or not spend the money in any way you wish. This includes sponsorship, forfeited entry fees, waitlist fees, donations, or anything.