https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2019/...national-tour/
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2019, 03:36 PM
Supreme Disc Golf Authority

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 287
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 111 Times in 54 Posts

I agree the NT and DGPT should be merged.

Also agree with Dodge’s sentiment that this DGCReview website should’ve partnered with the PDGA a long time ago to be the official course directory of the PDGA.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-19-2019, 03:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,983 Times in 470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post

Also agree with Dodge’s sentiment that this DGCReview website should’ve partnered with the PDGA a long time ago to be the official course directory of the PDGA.
Which is funny, because I would think that now most people would use UDisc as the easiest and best course directory? Funny how things change.

I don't think they should be merged yet. Lets talk again in 2 years.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,157 Times in 897 Posts

Quote:
with who in charge? No way would I turn anything over to DGPT based on their track record thus far.

Quote:
From the pdga's perspective yes- this site is better than theirs. From TimG's perspective who knows?

Last edited by biscoe; 11-19-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
Which is funny, because I would think that now most people would use UDisc as the easiest and best course directory?.
I disagree that UDisc is better or easier to use than DGCR. And even though the courses I’ve designed are each rated about one star higher on UDisc, I don’t really trust UDisc’s ratings. Can you find extinct courses on UDisc? I haven’t yet.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
with who in charge? No way would I turn anything over to DGPT based on their track record thus far.
I’d put DGPT in charge. Sure, they still have a lot to learn, but the PDGA wants out of the business of running the NT, and eventually DGPT will take over anyway.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,157 Times in 897 Posts

Quote:
I’d put DGPT in charge. Sure, they still have a lot to learn, but the PDGA wants out of the business of running the NT, and eventually DGPT will take over anyway.
If they could manage to run for a year or two without needing an infusion of cash I might agree with you. Right now they seem as likely to be gone in 3 years as to be in existence. Sugar daddies don't grow on trees.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,150 Times in 577 Posts

I'm all for making the DGPT the one tour to talk about. Frees up the PDGA to focus on Majors, maybe even adding more of them for both Pros and Ams. I think with Jeff Spring in charge of the DGPT - someone who has also previously run NTs/Worlds for the PDGA - the tour would be in good hands. It would let the DGPT absorb more high profile events, making it even more appealing to follow and participate in. More/higher profile events on the DGPT will likely draw them more sponsors and make it a more sustainable model.

The only negative that I see from this is the fact that the "Old Model" has to be discarded.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
I disagree that UDisc is better or easier to use than DGCR. And even though the courses I’ve designed are each rated about one star higher on UDisc, I don’t really trust UDisc’s ratings. Can you find extinct courses on UDisc? I haven’t yet.
I think it depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a place that has all the historical sites? If so, then I don't think UDisc is your best option. But UDisc is free as opposed to DGCR's $2.99 price for a mobile app. Their scorecard is better (not DGCRs primary usage, I understand).

I just bought DGCR and looking at that vs. UDisc...

I would argue that UDisc's course finder is easier than DGCR on the mobile app.
UDisc finds at least 4 additional "courses" in my area. All of those are 1-6 baskets, used primarily for practice.
The UDisc app is visually superior to DGCR.
And my understanding is that the UDisc ratings are directly from the players using the app.
UDisc gives current course conditions.

I think that the only reason I could see using DGCR for finding courses is if I were one of those "course collectors" that keeps track of every course they play. That isn't the primary use of UDisc, although it has it. If I were a regular player, I would easily gravitate towards UDisc.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I'm all for making the DGPT the one tour to talk about. Frees up the PDGA to focus on Majors, maybe even adding more of them for both Pros and Ams. I think with Jeff Spring in charge of the DGPT - someone who has also previously run NTs/Worlds for the PDGA - the tour would be in good hands. It would let the DGPT absorb more high profile events, making it even more appealing to follow and participate in. More/higher profile events on the DGPT will likely draw them more sponsors and make it a more sustainable model.

The only negative that I see from this is the fact that the "Old Model" has to be discarded.
I have a lot of faith in Jeff Spring's ability to run the tour. BUT, he has no more experience running a tour than Steve Dodge did when he started. Both ran successful NT events before hand. Jeff did run a PDGA Major as well. And I had a lot of faith in Steve Dodge when he began running the DGPT 5 years ago.