Old 07-30-2019, 11:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 311 Times in 165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
All of the outlaws I have are pinnacle. The FRs are 174ish, but I've got some lighter 2Rs (168 range)

Probably not going to sell them anytime soon, just reading the thread reminded me that I still have them in a storage box. I always liked the outlaw, but when the 3rd runs came out and were way flatter and more overstable than the first 2 runs, I was disappointed. I don't think I'll throw them again though, because the hurricane is easy enough to acquire and flies pretty much perfectly for my arm speed.

Still have a handful of Ghosts too, even my pokemon RDG stamp Ghost. Now, that's a disc I could see myself throwing again some day.

In my area, there's a few hardcore Legacy throwers. I think they just kind of fall off the map trying to make hard to acquire plastic while going too long between runs of their best discs (Outlaws and protege Ghosts immediately come to mind). I think overall they will end up a bit more regional, similar to Prodigy/DGA/Gateway - and that's not necessarily a bad place to be.
Ah OK, Pinnacle is a little different story. All three of those are probably worth $20ish, maybe $25. I try to scoop up the lightweight lavender and yellow FR/SR pinnacles when they come around, and I've never paid more than $20.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2019, 12:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I always liked the outlaw, but when the 3rd runs came out and were way flatter and more overstable than the first 2 runs, I was disappointed. I don't think I'll throw them again though, because the hurricane is easy enough to acquire and flies pretty much perfectly for my arm speed.
Wait, by 3rd run do you mean production run, with flight numbers in the stamp? Those Pinnacles? If so, I dread to think how OS they are as my FR Pinnacle Outlaw I would say is the most OS of the high speed stuff I have (Enemy and Fighter top it, but can't get nearly as much distance), more OS than a Rampage or even Legend Outlaw (as well as the odd really OS Cannon I have).

For Icons, my experience has been FR most OS, Production Run next but nowhere near FR stability and SR being very flippy (very much pop-top/heartbeat is the one I have).

As for throwing Legacy, I'm in my second or third year of bagging only their discs. Ironic as getting hold of their discs isn't the easiest here, but then again, don't need to replace their stuff either, buying only premium plastic, it holds. Was just commenting to my friend that an Icon Rival I've had in the bag for four years still flies true, hell, can't even feel any nicks in the rim. And it's hit its share of trees and such .
Old 07-30-2019, 12:09 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 41
Niced 709 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Do people still throw Legacy?
Clutch will never leave my bag, have over 20 and they're the superior Magnet [change my mind].

Niced: (1)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 113
Niced 40 Times in 23 Posts

Still happily throwing Outlaws, Rivals, and Ghosts since day 1.

I've tried all their molds, and some have been in and out of the bag, but those 3 aren't leaving anytime soon
Old 07-30-2019, 04:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamtheMan View Post
Wait, by 3rd run do you mean production run, with flight numbers in the stamp? Those Pinnacles? If so, I dread to think how OS they are as my FR Pinnacle Outlaw I would say is the most OS of the high speed stuff I have (Enemy and Fighter top it, but can't get nearly as much distance), more OS than a Rampage or even Legend Outlaw (as well as the odd really OS Cannon I have).
My experience has been that regardless of run, the heavy and flattish pinnacle Outlaws are always very overstable with basically no glide. Just bricks. Pretty much every Legend Outlaw has been the same for me.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Anyone throw any of the Compa blend putters? I see they are releasing a batch tonight but the internets seem to be light on details. Is it like firm grippy gravity plastic? That seems to be more or less what I can figure out, but it's not clear.

I have been killing it lately with a glow Clozer, yesterday at league I just fully switched to putting with the Clozer instead of my old trusty Wizards. It feels really weird to putt with something different, but I've got to play the hot hand. Compa Clozers release later today.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 18 Times in 10 Posts

Finally got around to playing a couple of rounds, had been like six weeks since last disc hucking session. Was mostly wanting to see how the Icon Valor would fly, along the Pinnacle Clutch as a putter.

Description on the Valor online indicates that it slots between Gauge and Ghost, that seems to fit with my experience tossing it a couple of rounds. Felt like I could trust it a bit more than a Gauge and that it would have a reliable fade back, even maybe giving a bit more glide easier than my Ghosts, which all have more fade. Left the course with very nice vibes about the Valor, aided by a throw-in birdie through some woods and a drop-in par after a Valor upshot on a normally tough to par (for me) par-4. Gave it one forehand toss, came out quite fluttery, but held its line and faded back solid. Still going to stick with Ghosts, Pursuit and Recluse as the mids I forehand though, their rims just feel better in my hand for FH.