#31  
Old 09-19-2019, 12:30 PM
Golden Tuna's Avatar
Golden Tuna Golden Tuna is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 758
Niced 417 Times in 185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
OMG this is the disc I was looking for my whole life!! A more stable spider/cro!!

I wanted to ditch Rocs for a smaller diameter replacement but could never find one. And now that I have fallen in love with the DX Roc3x, I can keep those in the bag and fit these Malta's in below them!

Super excited
I'm guessing the Lion would be a more stable Spider/Crow.
I'd like to try a Lion & Malta side by side...
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-19-2019, 12:46 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,840
Niced 572 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
I'm guessing the Lion would be a more stable Spider/Crow.
I'd like to try a Lion & Malta side by side...
Isn't the lion the same diameter as a Roc?

I guess looking again at the Malta I would have liked it down to 21.0 cm, but 21.3 is still smaller than a Roc.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,265
Niced 4,345 Times in 1,814 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Isn't the lion the same diameter as a Roc?

I guess looking again at the Malta I would have liked it down to 21.0 cm, but 21.3 is still smaller than a Roc.
Yeah, the Lion is a wide diameter mid.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Treeknuckle Treeknuckle is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 126
Niced 38 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Hey fellow plastic nerds, I just got my prototype Malta in this evening. Haven't gotten a throw in yet, for the first time all summer we got flooding rain in AZ. But I have comparison (decent-ish) pics for all you fellow plasti-holics. It's similar to a Wasp, with the bead of a roc, but the rim isn't quite as concave (I'm pretty sure I used that correctly) as a wasp.

The first photo is a comparison between my pink Z Wasp (left) and my pink Malta (right).

The second compares the Malta (left) to a DX Roc (right).

I will return with field test results comparing it to the DX Roc, Z Wasp, Jawbreaker Wasp and TP Bard tomorrow.

Sorry for potato quality photos. But it's all I've got.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-24-2019, 01:18 AM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,688
Niced 440 Times in 322 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeknuckle View Post
Hey fellow plastic nerds, I just got my prototype Malta in this evening. Haven't gotten a throw in yet, for the first time all summer we got flooding rain in AZ. But I have comparison (decent-ish) pics for all you fellow plasti-holics. It's similar to a Wasp, with the bead of a roc, but the rim isn't quite as concave (I'm pretty sure I used that correctly) as a wasp.

The first photo is a comparison between my pink Z Wasp (left) and my pink Malta (right).

The second compares the Malta (left) to a DX Roc (right).

I will return with field test results comparing it to the DX Roc, Z Wasp, Jawbreaker Wasp and TP Bard tomorrow.

Sorry for potato quality photos. But it's all I've got.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be more OS than anything that you bring with you. Z Wasp will probably be the closest. If you have a Harp or Zone I'd bring that too.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-24-2019, 01:20 AM
Treeknuckle Treeknuckle is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 126
Niced 38 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Ah yes, I forgot to mention my handy dandy Zoneses! One Fresh Z FLX, one puddle top ESP.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-24-2019, 07:36 AM
ajcloutier's Avatar
ajcloutier ajcloutier is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
Niced 49 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't the Nebula beaded and smaller in diameter? I don't know why that mold never took off. The one I had way back was a fantastic disc... but hard to find replacements A re-badge of this mold would be fantastic.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by ajcloutier; 09-24-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-24-2019, 05:34 PM
Muddyboots Muddyboots is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Courses Played: 115
Posts: 351
Niced 200 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Word on the street is that is exactly what's going on. The Nebula was a fine disc that never took off for whatever reason. The Malta sounds like a beefed up version.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-24-2019, 10:40 PM
Gmtata01 Gmtata01 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jackson, TN
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 656
Niced 94 Times in 80 Posts
Default Malta

So is their room for the Malta in the bag if I bag a Zone and Raptor? I max out my FH around 325 using the Raptor and just use my Zone for anything inside of 200. I’ve been powering down the Raptor for 200 and above FH shots.
Reply With Quote
 

  #40  
Old 09-24-2019, 10:52 PM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,688
Niced 440 Times in 322 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmtata01 View Post
So is their room for the Malta in the bag if I bag a Zone and Raptor? I max out my FH around 325 using the Raptor and just use my Zone for anything inside of 200. I’ve been powering down the Raptor for 200 and above FH shots.
Yes, but only if you don't like the feel of Zone BH, ot if you prefer beads for BHs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it me or will Paul McBeth be the best DGer ever? jbl39 General Disc Golf Chat 196 10-04-2019 12:00 PM
SmashBoxxTV Presents Battle at Blue Lake - Paul McBeth, Paul Ulibarri, Steve Rico, Ke Old Bassman Tournaments & Leagues 7 08-11-2014 06:33 PM
Paul McBeth S-P2! DiscNutt123 The Marketplace 0 05-24-2013 10:45 AM
Paul McBeth S P2's Rocaholic74 The Marketplace 1 04-19-2013 10:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.