Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
It wasn't done in cold blood but DD should work to spread them out. It hurts all involved including DD
Don't disagree with you there. Have you called them and talked to them about that? They might agree and see if that other TD is willing to reschedule. How close is it? They might not know how close the courses or towns really are. It's on the books now so it would probably be up to that TD to change and he wouldn't be obligated. Maybe you could move yours up? That would kind of be a jerk move I guess. I know they're trying to have as many events as they can so clubs can raise money and they can get people out and trying new discs but I know they aren't looking for TDs to have to compete over participants.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 455
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by livedoen4 View Post
Bravethrower is having one at Fox Chase in Albemarle NC on June 1st.

http://trilogychallenge.com/Events/
Yea Dawg
Old 03-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,226 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by livedoen4 View Post
Bravethrower is having one at Fox Chase in Albemarle NC on June 1st.

http://trilogychallenge.com/Events/
Hmm, that's the same day as the Springwood Self-Invitational. Clearly, bravethrower has a vendetta against that course's designer by creating such a scheduling conflict.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 455
Niced 24 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Hmm, that's the same day as the Springwood Self-Invitational. Clearly, bravethrower has a vendetta against that course's designer by creating such a scheduling conflict.
For sure has nothing to do with it being the first weekend it's available. I have it out for Springwood because I'm an evil Commie.

In all seriousness I had no idea that there was a Tournament at Springwood but that is ironic and funny.

Who's running it?
Old 03-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 32.3
Courses Played: 43
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
This is an awesome idea. wish the big 2 would do something like this. :sigh:
http://discgolfacerace.com/
Old 03-18-2014, 01:07 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,226 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveThrower43 View Post
For sure has nothing to do with it being the first weekend it's available. I have it out for Springwood because I'm an evil Commie.

In all seriousness I had no idea that there was a Tournament at Springwood but that is ironic and funny.

Who's running it?
Pfft, I dunno. Buzz and Rhodes? I'll probably play in it out of curiosity to see how a tourney goes there but I'm pretty intrigued by this Trilogy Challenge, you'll have to let me know how it goes. Promotional tourneys like this are good for courses like Asheboro, the VBB was a breeze.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:31 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 39
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
This looks like fun, hope there's one near me. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the discs aren't in proto/test type plastic.
I am running one on July 20th at Firefighters in Michigan. discgolfscene.com/tournaments/the_2014_trilogy_challenge

The name Trilogy was voted on by the fan page. I originally created the logo with the thought of trinity in mind, since all 3 companies are working together in a way to grow the sport and creat the kind of partnership that will do nothing but push the sport forward. Plus the know in the logo is the Trinity Knot from Celtic lore. The actual word trinity has no meaning to religion, it simply means a grouping of three entities/items/things. But that was one of the bi reasons Trilogy was voted for

The discs will be in these plastics:
Driver-Dynamic Discs Biofuzion line
Midrange-Lat64 Recycle line
Putter-Westside Discs Bt Soft line

what we know about the discs:
DRIVER- It will be a new Dynamic mold called the Thief. Numbers so far look to be 8/5/-1/2, or a slightly more stable Witness. It is currently being tested by some of the DD guys

MIDRANGE- It will be a new Lat64 mold, possibly a very OS model along the lies of a Gator type, with lower glide than the Mace and Pain and a bit more fade. My guess is a 5/3/0/4

PUTTER- It will be a new Westside mold. Currently the 2 putters they have are the Swan. which is US and the Harp, which is very OS. It is thought that this mold will be along the lines of a slightly OS caliber, maybe something along the lines of 3/3/0/2.

The packs are $30 for players, at a cost of $21 to the TD shipping included.
you will want to preregister your players so you know how many packs to order. I recommend bring in extra, which I will do for those who show up day of. Those packs will be an extra $5

To those other TDs running these, I was kicking this idea around in order to "protect" some of the more inexperienced players. If a player wishes to pay an extra $10 the day of the event they can and they will be removed from contention of the winner pack. They will then play for the money brought in by whoever decides to play for it, a winner take all purse. Thoughts?

think I covered all the questions
Old 03-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum View Post
I am running one on July 20th at Firefighters in Michigan. discgolfscene.com/tournaments/the_2014_trilogy_challenge

The name Trilogy was voted on by the fan page. I originally created the logo with the thought of trinity in mind, since all 3 companies are working together in a way to grow the sport and creat the kind of partnership that will do nothing but push the sport forward. Plus the know in the logo is the Trinity Knot from Celtic lore. The actual word trinity has no meaning to religion, it simply means a grouping of three entities/items/things. But that was one of the bi reasons Trilogy was voted for

The discs will be in these plastics:
Driver-Dynamic Discs Biofuzion line
Midrange-Lat64 Recycle line
Putter-Westside Discs Bt Soft line

what we know about the discs:
DRIVER- It will be a new Dynamic mold called the Thief. Numbers so far look to be 8/5/-1/2, or a slightly more stable Witness. It is currently being tested by some of the DD guys

MIDRANGE- It will be a new Lat64 mold, possibly a very OS model along the lies of a Gator type, with lower glide than the Mace and Pain and a bit more fade. My guess is a 5/3/0/4

PUTTER- It will be a new Westside mold. Currently the 2 putters they have are the Swan. which is US and the Harp, which is very OS. It is thought that this mold will be along the lines of a slightly OS caliber, maybe something along the lines of 3/3/0/2.

The packs are $30 for players, at a cost of $21 to the TD shipping included.
you will want to preregister your players so you know how many packs to order. I recommend bring in extra, which I will do for those who show up day of. Those packs will be an extra $5

To those other TDs running these, I was kicking this idea around in order to "protect" some of the more inexperienced players. If a player wishes to pay an extra $10 the day of the event they can and they will be removed from contention of the winner pack. They will then play for the money brought in by whoever decides to play for it, a winner take all purse. Thoughts?

think I covered all the questions
You're kicking around a lot of assumptions. About the molds that is. Putting flight numbers on three discs that even the manufacturers haven't done so yet. When you lead that this is what WE know about the discs and then list a lot of we thinks that were just guessed on by fans it's pretty misleading. I've read the rumors just like you in the same place. It's coming from fans who are guessing. That's secondary though what I was posting to say is I really recommend you clear your idea of a cash payout with DD. To make a participant pay more and exclude them from chances of winning the prize then doing a cash payout at an event like this is not really at the heart of the reasons for doing it. You're free to change the format to your liking you're not necessarily given the right to turn it into a cash payout event that makes the prize attainable by only certain players. Just saying you might want to get the ok from them on that so you don't have players complaining after and calling them up trying to bad mouth you.

Last edited by SteezeOG; 03-18-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 26 Times in 17 Posts

Thanks for info/insight Redrum.

What weights will the discs be?

How do most people sort the packs? Do the players show up and select their own weights and colors (build their own) or will each or the three molds be run in the same color of each and the weights be close and you (the TD) pre-package them to hand out random to the players at sign in?

I also have a few extras for the event in mind ( for fun and prizes,etc. ), I will post them up later. Gotta shower and get to work!

Last edited by discguy42; 03-18-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was really excited about the challange when I first heard abou it.
I played the DD two disc challange and picked up a lucid Renegade (love) and a Warden that has become my main putter. Have purchased a few more since then.
It was nice to be able to pick through and find the color and weights I prefer also.

I email DD about the plastics that would be used and was told the driver and mid were to be Biofuzion and Recycled lines.

I loathe Biofuzion/Recycled plastic.

I am out!