Old 12-15-2016, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,727 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMeathook View Post
I applaud Innova for not turning their back on Bradley Williams. He has legitimate psychological issues he is working through. The people acting like kicking a basket or bumping into someone are offenses that should result in being exiled from a sport, need to get over themselves. Morality policing is exact what that is. These people were picked on in HS, and so they still carry a chip on their shoulder. They can't stand up for themselves IRL, so they condemn strangers who symbolize those that were jerks to them. Was Bradley in the wrong? Absolutely. Are butthurt loners over reacting? Uhh, yeah.
I feel so insecure all of a sudden... where is my binky?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2016, 05:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.4
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,281 Times in 431 Posts

I wasn't picked on in HS and have no chips to carry. Innova did what they felt they needed to, but I don't support it.

Can I just add that "butthurt" has to be among the most idiotic phrases in current use?
Old 12-15-2016, 05:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 133
Niced 1,306 Times in 395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
The guy has stepped over the line time and again in terms of his behavior on the course. I can't imagine why any company would want him bearing the torch for their brand. IMHO morality policing of their paid representatives should be expected of any company in public view. Blah blah blah integrity, blah blah blah sportsmanship.
I disagree. Companies should distance themselves from those who shed bad light on the brand, not police morals. There's no objective morality in the world - this discussion regarding a very minimal incident serves as a testament to that.

I really, really hesitate to bring up this comparison because I'm worried some (not you) will be unable to handle the discussion that follows, but compare this to Anthon.

I think in each case, for my tastes, they've reacted appropriately to the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Aim is correct Jamie. Sports franchises get rid of damaged players without a second thought. One can argue the morality of their choices, but not the fact.
Too general of a statement. I can bring up plenty of counter examples. Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel, etc. (coincidentally both were from the same franchise) People get multiple chances when the situation warrants. In my eyes this particular instance just isn't that serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Exactly. Didn't Innova cut Patrick Brown last year for far, far less bad behavior?
No, not at all. Patrick was offered more to throw for Latitude. Similar to Gibson/DD.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,558 Times in 1,629 Posts

So if someone throws their monitor across their cubicle and then bumps through a line of their co-workers in the office, management should just turn a blind eye and not do any "policing"?
Old 12-15-2016, 05:37 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,096 Times in 737 Posts

Baahahaha
Old 12-15-2016, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,727 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
I disagree. Companies should distance themselves from those who shed bad light on the brand, not police morals. There's no objective morality in the world - this discussion regarding a very minimal incident serves as a testament to that.

I really, really hesitate to bring up this comparison because I'm worried some (not you) will be unable to handle the discussion that follows, but compare this to Anthon.
OK- I give you the semantic difference between policing actual morality and policing perceived morality. I do believe however that the latter is in the best interest of most companies.

BW has a history of offenses as long as your arm. Most did not make it to the PDGA for one reason or another. A week or 2 after Ledgestone he was here telling the gallery "f*ck this place and f*ck all the people here" at The Blockhouse of all places. By not kicking him to the curb Innova is enabling his behavior. As you say the comparison is not a good one but Josh is probably more likely to actually reform.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 197 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
So if someone throws their monitor across their cubicle and then bumps through a line of their co-workers in the office, management should just turn a blind eye and not do any "policing"?
Upper management does that all of the time, sometimes even with a promotion. It is amazing to me that people act like there are not atleast two sets of rules. Producers or high performers will always get a longer leash.

I am not saying that is right or the way it should be, just acknowledging the world we live in.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,558 Times in 1,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
Upper management does that all of the time, sometimes even with a promotion. It is amazing to me that people act like there are not atleast two sets of rules. Producers or high performers will always get a longer leash.

I am not saying that is right or the way it should be, just acknowledging the world we live in.
That's true, some first world country just elected a bully to run it.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:58 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,069 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
That's true, some first world country just elected a bully to run it.
Which is better than electing a corrupt traitor.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.4
Courses Played: 63
Niced 1,281 Times in 431 Posts

For the love of CE, please leave politics out of this. I think we've all had enough of that shizzz.