#141  
Old 04-28-2019, 08:44 PM
ponder ponder is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 447
Niced 226 Times in 131 Posts
Default

So the DX eagles and teebirds weren't really enough for headwind. Looking at firebirds,banshees, and a few others right now.

The two that I want to try the most are the 150 QOLF and the 150 DGA Banzai. Just can't decide.

Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 04-28-2019, 09:43 PM
Marmoset's Avatar
Marmoset Marmoset is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Years Playing: 19.3
Posts: 1,902
Niced 752 Times in 345 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
...The two that I want to try the most are the 150 QOLF and the 150 DGA Banzai. Just can't decide.

150g QOLF is superb. Highly recommended!
I have never thrown the Banzai but I've heard good things.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 04-29-2019, 08:22 AM
Deej Deej is online now
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Georgia
Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 75
Niced 25 Times in 18 Posts
Default

I need some help with a 150 class driver and am hoping that you fellas can help me out. I’m looking for a OS disc, about speed 9-12-ish, 150g-160g, that won’t turn over on a hard rip. But I still need a reliable fade. Also, I would like to avoid blizzard type plastic. I’m open to all brands. I throw my drivers about 350’. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 04-29-2019, 08:36 AM
Marmoset's Avatar
Marmoset Marmoset is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Years Playing: 19.3
Posts: 1,902
Niced 752 Times in 345 Posts
Default

The Firebird and OLF both fit the description you gave. They are both speed 9 which means they are on the lower end of the spectrum you listed.
I generally don't throw faster discs so I can't really make any decent recommendations past speed 9, sorry. I have thrown many Wraiths and Destroyers but all the 150g versions I have thrown were flippy. I'm sure there are some beefy ones out there but I'm not sure how to consistently find them.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 04-29-2019, 09:49 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,407
Niced 978 Times in 564 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
So the DX eagles and teebirds weren't really enough for headwind. Looking at firebirds,banshees, and a few others right now.

The two that I want to try the most are the 150 QOLF and the 150 DGA Banzai. Just can't decide.

My 150g Banzai kicked my 150g SOLF out of the bag, mostly because it fit my forehand grip better.

Both the Banzai and the OLF are great discs and have overlap in their flight. The Banzai breaks into the low speed fade sooner but is a milder fade.

They both end up on the ground pretty close to one another in an open field.

I would say get the one that feels best in your hand. Both are great.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 04-29-2019, 10:08 AM
ponder ponder is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 447
Niced 226 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
My 150g Banzai kicked my 150g SOLF out of the bag, mostly because it fit my forehand grip better.

Both the Banzai and the OLF are great discs and have overlap in their flight. The Banzai breaks into the low speed fade sooner but is a milder fade.

They both end up on the ground pretty close to one another in an open field.

I would say get the one that feels best in your hand. Both are great.
Thanks for the advice my man. Wish I had local shops so I could feel them up. I may just order both. Lol

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 04-29-2019, 10:20 AM
Keller's Avatar
Keller Keller is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Above ground
Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,878
Niced 1,480 Times in 684 Posts
Default

Thunderbirds and Star Orcs are pretty nice too
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 04-29-2019, 03:40 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 8,973
Niced 2,066 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej View Post
I need some help with a 150 class driver and am hoping that you fellas can help me out. I’m looking for a OS disc, about speed 9-12-ish, 150g-160g, that won’t turn over on a hard rip. But I still need a reliable fade. Also, I would like to avoid blizzard type plastic. I’m open to all brands. I throw my drivers about 350’. Any ideas?
Go to the Marshal Street Flight Guide and look on the left side of the chart. There's a ton of choices. My own suggestions are the Thunderbird, Starfire, Flow, and DD. Orcs might work well, also.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 04-29-2019, 10:05 PM
Deej Deej is online now
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Georgia
Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 75
Niced 25 Times in 18 Posts
Default

I ordered a C-line PD, 150g. I was looking at the charts on Infinite but in the end I just guessed. I figured I would give it a try.
Reply With Quote
 

  #150  
Old 04-29-2019, 10:24 PM
Marmoset's Avatar
Marmoset Marmoset is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Years Playing: 19.3
Posts: 1,902
Niced 752 Times in 345 Posts
Default

good call. You'll love it.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
150 Class Surge JRW III The Marketplace 5 08-14-2014 06:18 PM
150 class z flick or 150 class z flick discraft stamp mflores The Marketplace 0 03-20-2013 09:22 PM
150 gram vs. 150 class kragreg Discs 9 06-01-2012 04:24 PM
Wanting some 150 class atay87 The Marketplace 12 01-13-2012 04:22 AM
150 class? dpangburn General Disc Golf Chat 3 11-29-2010 10:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.