Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 07-28-2019, 07:45 PM
Par Member

Niced 259 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
I only got these a few weeks ago so I can't comment on the durability too much, but I love the grip, flights seem great and consistent, and of course...the swirly stamp looks awesome.
My main practice throwing area is paved. My McBuzzz and my ESP Comet don’t seem to be showing any pavement wear, the buzzz has a couple nicks from course play but our course is all woods and rocks. I’d say it seems pretty dang sturdy.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 716 Times in 614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
My main practice throwing area is paved. My McBuzzz and my ESP Comet don’t seem to be showing any pavement wear, the buzzz has a couple nicks from course play but our course is all woods and rocks. I’d say it seems pretty dang sturdy.
So it sounds not nearly as durable as 2000's ESP but more durable then the Previous just before Swirl ESP. All my Impacts are the last of the non Swirly ESP and that stuff can be in some discs only as durable as an oops really stiff X that got made stiffer then regular X by double almost triple, most of the time the plastic is as durable as way most modern ESP was made when regular non FLX ESP came back onto the market in 2009.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:09 PM
Par Member

Niced 92 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
By far the most perplexing part of this. They are such a clean brand, I wonder what someone on the inside would view as their biggest hurdle.

Also I wonder how many baskets they’ve sold because I’m seeing a ton of them around now.
I heard they were trying to put a bunch of baskets on courses kind of as a marketing technique. But wow, these baskets like to spit. Looking at the design, it makes sense they spit pro and am side. That's fine though because you know to "put it on the pole". But they spit right back at you also. I literally saw a guy throw a slow putt at a prodigy basket (from 5ft) and it hit the pole and bounce out. Then he exaggerated his slowness in the next putt (from 5ft) and it spit out right back at him without hitting the pole.

I've liked the prodigy discs I've thrown, but those baskets are crap.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateWesternSky View Post
I heard they were trying to put a bunch of baskets on courses kind of as a marketing technique. But wow, these baskets like to spit. Looking at the design, it makes sense they spit pro and am side. That's fine though because you know to "put it on the pole". But they spit right back at you also. I literally saw a guy throw a slow putt at a prodigy basket (from 5ft) and it hit the pole and bounce out. Then he exaggerated his slowness in the next putt (from 5ft) and it spit out right back at him without hitting the pole.

I have seen enough footage of players both pro and armature putting on the Prodigy baskets even the newer ones the better version and they have this problem of needing to hard putt every putt or the putt will not go in. At least the newer version does not have both inside and outside having chain sets connected by links needing to power drive putt the disc in the basket to make it. Those older baskets I have seen an Advanced Amateur from Florida (Rec Rob on YouTube) having to play on those older Prodigy baskets and he was not making longer putts with even a hard putt, it was not until he started drive putting that his putts 80% made it in and did not bounce out. That was on a disc golf battle with his son on YouTube about a year ago.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:

So the baskets are the hurdle both the older style and the newer style of the top model basket?
Old 07-29-2019, 07:41 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 513 Times in 242 Posts

Quote:

I play on them almost daily. I honestly don’t see what everyone is crying about with spit outs, even after hundreds of rounds on them. Maybe you’re just having a bad day dude, there is nothing wrong with them. I do, however, love that they loom large in the minds of many, which has far more to do with putts staying in. Btw, wanna play for cash after work?

Old 07-29-2019, 01:33 PM
Par Member

Niced 92 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
I play on them almost daily. I honestly don’t see what everyone is crying about with spit outs, even after hundreds of rounds on them. Maybe you’re just having a bad day dude, there is nothing wrong with them. I do, however, love that they loom large in the minds of many, which has far more to do with putts staying in. Btw, wanna play for cash after work?
They don't spit my putts for whatever reason (aside from the ones that you know shouldn't stick) and I'm not the one having the bad day. But there is something wrong with them. They are very inconsistent. If baskets have spitting tendencies, that's fine. But these things appear to be random.

Stop at the bank after work. I'm down for $100/hole skins.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 513 Times in 242 Posts

Quote:
They don't spit my putts for whatever reason (aside from the ones that you know shouldn't stick) and I'm not the one having the bad day. But there is something wrong with them. They are very inconsistent. If baskets have spitting tendencies, that's fine. But these things appear to be random.

Stop at the bank after work. I'm down for $100/hole skins.

They’re consistently awesome for me. If it doesn’t stay in, it was my fault.

The only baskets worthy of anyone’s disdain are Mach Xs, which are easily the worst design since the Mach 3.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:06 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 101 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
By far the most perplexing part of this. They are such a clean brand, I wonder what someone on the inside would view as their biggest hurdle.

Also I wonder how many baskets they’ve sold because I’m seeing a ton of them around now.

I am probably guessing there biggest hurdle is what discs and plastic to make or bring back. They have ideas and hire people for ideas so unless a ton of people want a disc, it wont be considered. Just a guess.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
They’re consistently awesome for me. If it doesn’t stay in, it was my fault.

The only baskets worthy of anyone’s disdain are Mach Xs, which are easily the worst design since the Mach 3.
Disdain should go to the old Chainstar baskets, those looked like a modified Mach II modern design but made to have discs not stay in the basket way more then a Mach II modern ever would.

Most of the courses that have The Old Chainstar still in use are in places that the old Chainstar baskets got dented and dinged and are on the last legs yet not replaced even though they desperately need to be.