Old 08-01-2019, 05:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 540 Times in 334 Posts

I guess I don't understand the benefit of cutting out one of the most useful classes of discs. If a shot is a little further than I'd prefer to use my putter for makes more sense to me to throw a mid than a driver.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 495 Times in 317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I guess I don't understand the benefit of cutting out one of the most useful classes of discs. If a shot is a little further than I'd prefer to use my putter for makes more sense to me to throw a mid than a driver.
for fun I guess. For the record mids are the biggest part of my game.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 68 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
For a lot of guys who max out under 400' there may not be a large distance gap between speed 3 and 6. MVP putters drive far for anyone practiced compared to other brands, regardless of max power. However they have not made any fast glidey mids yet.
The Axis and Vector are pro-style workhorse mids which have high power requirements compared to understable fairways. The Signal and Relay can really fill in for lower power players on longer "midrange" shots. Big arm biases, sheesh!😂

Old 08-07-2019, 09:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 717 Times in 502 Posts

I second that, I use more putters and fairways than anything, I'd love to see a fission Axis or Vector though... or better yet an understable glidey mid. I wonder if they could steal from the Glide design.

If anything the way my bag is going I'd almost ditch the mids for Envy/Spin and a Relay and need the Entropy more as a FH putter/mid. The Envy outflies it which is why it's handy.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-07-2019, 11:00 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,226 Times in 1,043 Posts

Is the Entropy deeper/taller than the Stabilizer? I'm going to have to get one regardless, just curious. I was hoping the Stabilizer would be overstable enough to handle beefier shots but it's too straight and doesn't fight out of an anny hard enough.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:03 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 77 Times in 50 Posts

Entropy is shallower. I have been bagging both as I have not been able to decide which one to keep. Entropy might be bit more overstable but for me the biggest difference is the Entropy's lack of glide. I ended up taking Stabilizer out of the bag as I felt I can manage with Entropy and Neutron Pilot.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-08-2019, 01:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 68
Niced 233 Times in 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Is the Entropy deeper/taller than the Stabilizer? I'm going to have to get one regardless, just curious. I was hoping the Stabilizer would be overstable enough to handle beefier shots but it's too straight and doesn't fight out of an anny hard enough.
The Entropy may be just as straight but wont glide nearly as much. I doubt it will "fight out" of a strong forehand unfortunately. Just my opinion from throwing mine around.

I found this to be true with most of their lineup. I expect it to fight out of a strong forehand but it happens way too late. Its like their discs want to lock onto a line. Not a bad thing, just doesnt work great with my poor FH form

Last edited by Emoney; 08-08-2019 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:49 PM

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 20
Niced 7 Times in 5 Posts

For what it's worth, my Entropy will flex out of a 200-250 annhyzer. Like any putter, you can't just torque on it and and expect it to fly as intended but it does hold up better than most to some form issues.

What sold me on the Entropy was how cleanly I can release it forehand. Compared to other overstable putters I've tried (Pig, Rhyno, Harp, Zone) it fit my hand the best and seems less susceptible to the dreaded wobble.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 717 Times in 502 Posts

I really like the torque I can put on an Entropy FH but I'd be surprised if I can get it to 250.. Just a sleek slug of a disc, it does exhibit a hint of high speed turn or in my case a stall and just crams out and fades. It's great for a 175' straight to hook or a 200' deep hyzer. If I pop the nose up it's a superpig... I really like how stable yet workable it is. I feel like the wing is big enough to get some serious glidey penetration on a hyzer except that it dumps out of the sky quickly. Know wut I mean Vern?

Played a Relay round tonight, they putt alright. I could probably get by without mids, but they're a little tough to range at 175' but I hit my tunnels. Not all bad. The Entropy is getting some action tomorrow but it sucks ass for tunnel shots, which I have a lot of.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 08-09-2019 at 12:16 AM.