Old 03-30-2015, 10:04 PM

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandb View Post
...Never felt so confident in my putting game!
Same here. I am making longer putts, more consistantly than I ever have before. Just aim for the chains and putt. The confidence gain in knowing it is going to go straight makes me go for the long putts (50+ feet) rather than playing it safe with a layup shot.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2015, 10:41 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

You guys are killing me. Can someone compare the Atom to the Dagger? I thought I had committed to the Dagger but lately I'm not feeling confident at all (says the archer).
Old 03-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 14
Niced 539 Times in 212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckless_pedestrian View Post
You guys are killing me. Can someone compare the Atom to the Dagger? I thought I had committed to the Dagger but lately I'm not feeling confident at all (says the archer).
Before making the leap I would suggest you throw some putts with your Envy.
The Atom is the same speed as the Envy. To me... they're both too fast for circle putters. They lack the glide and loft that a Dagger/Wizard/Aviar possess.

I rely on that glide to get me over the bucket and into the chains. If you are a forceful spin putter, the Atom might be fantastic for you as it is a straight to chains type of putter.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:50 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,096 Times in 737 Posts

dagger is much more like a Ion in feel and has an older-school flight to it while the atom is new age high tech. Its like the pure where you can use it as a driver, midrange and putter without an issue and even excel at driving/upshots as much as they do putting.

The atom and dagger don't really compare. Atom and the pure or spike makes sense. If you want to change molds with different feel and flight to see if your putting improves its not a bad idea but really going to come down to confidence and practice.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 03-31-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 69
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
The Atom is the same speed as the Envy. To me... they're both too fast for circle putters. They lack the glide and loft that a Dagger/Wizard/Aviar possess.

I rely on that glide to get me over the bucket and into the chains. If you are a forceful spin putter, the Atom might be fantastic for you as it is a straight to chains type of putter.
This is where I landed on the Atom too, as a straight up push putter. I decided to stick with the Anode even though I love Electron plastic.

What I really noticed was, from the outer circle, like 27' +, the Atom had a bit sharper fade on it that I didn't want to have to adapt to.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:03 AM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Over the past year my putting style has changed a bit so now I put more spin on my putts. That seems to work best with the atom. I really haven't noticed an issue with glide with my soft. In my opinion, the regular has less glide than the soft, at least within 40', and the less glide/more LSS with my regular makes it a great compliment for approaches.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 40
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post

Great advice. I do put with the Envy when the wind is an issue. I'm more of a pusher than a spinner, though. More molds is not the answer for me, I know, but I can't help wanting them.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.5
Courses Played: 58
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

I domed up an Atom slightly to mess with it. More glide and a little slower in the air. Will have to try some full shots though to see tomorrow. Wind is wickedly strong today.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 6
Niced 45 Times in 28 Posts

So, after not really liking the atom and switching back to the serpent for a bit, I spent some practice time with my atoms. Back in the bag they are. I knew it was just a matter of time with as much as I love my envies. I have the utmost confidence in my putting now. It did take some getting used to though. I was a wizard guy, so, the lower glide of atoms took a minute to get used to.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 15
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Ive noticed my soft atom is beating in quickly as others have mentioned. No issue for me as I tend to have a heavy natural hyzer when putting and nothing so far grabs the chains like the rims do on these. Would love to see some way to get an electron rim on a neutron core of an envy...