Old 11-23-2015, 11:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,558 Times in 1,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
On the Mako3, he uses that for shots to go right but also on anny shots around obstacles on upshot/approaches. I'd have no problem with a McBeth 4x (and grand slam) Mako3...

I agree with your earlier post that he's got a bag full of sig discs in the back of his mind. Can't blame him for that. But at the same time, he's not going to try to use things that are of no use to him: above all else, he wants to WIN.
From what I've seen from many ITB's from him, he uses a Mako3 if he doesn't have a Roc3 that's beat enough to do a turnover and never fade type shot. Now that he has McPro's he seems to not have one as often. It's like a "beat Roc...but not quite" shot for him, and if he has the right Roc he won't bag the Mako. Anyways, that's just what it's seemed like.

My point is, he doesn't seem crazy picky with some things like other people are. He's picky with flight patterns and predictability, not with colour/weight/plastic to the extent of some forum guys. He'll throw a Mako for a beat Roc if he needs to. He throws 3 different plastic of Rocs, 2 plastics of Teebirds plus T3's now, etc. He's had a PD2 in the bag when he wanted a beefy Destroyer. He chooses the disc that's the flight he needs.

I'm sure some of it is going to be about getting his name on molds that aren't claimed already though...but first is to throw what he trusts does the right thing in the air.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2015, 12:12 AM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 88 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Why is that star roc so over stable?
IDK but what I'm walking away with is Roc3s aren't anywhere near as stable as claimed.
From that ITB it sounded like about 20% flew to claimed flight numbers.
I just bought two champ and they are both basically 0,1 at most, with one of them maybe actually net under stable.
I needed/wanted 0,3 as they are listed.
Will make due with them for awhile, but will work to find something used now.
Not gonna continue to throw money in the can for bogus numbers.

Last edited by Mulligan; 11-24-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:14 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,069 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
From what I've seen from many ITB's from him, he uses a Mako3 if he doesn't have a Roc3 that's beat enough to do a turnover and never fade type shot. Now that he has McPro's he seems to not have one as often. It's like a "beat Roc...but not quite" shot for him, and if he has the right Roc he won't bag the Mako. Anyways, that's just what it's seemed like.
I saw a recent video where McBeth was practicing on a soccer field. He demonstrated some throws to a spot about 200 feet away (and also some longer ones towards the net, but I digress). He threw his Roc3s right to this spot on hyzer, then he brought out two Champion Mako3s and said he would throw those on anhyzer shots around obstacles if he needed to. He then threw the Mako3s on anny shots right to where he'd thrown the Roc3s. So the Mako3s are in his bag and while they may not be used a lot, they're used every once in a while, and they're a staple in his bag, especially in the past year or so.

Anyhoo... I'm still wondering how his Star Roc3s are, per his own words, so beefy overstable... maybe I have the two most freaky straight and not-overstable Roc3s on the face of the planet, but all of mine are straight with some fade at the end to the point I'm considering a Viper for the really OS hyzers when I need them....
Old 11-24-2015, 12:18 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmercil View Post
So now he can look for flat champ monsters instead!

The offseason in the bag is on Supreme Flight's facebook page, if anyone is looking for it
Can't seem to find it for some reason.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Anyhoo... I'm still wondering how his Star Roc3s are, per his own words, so beefy overstable... maybe I have the two most freaky straight and not-overstable Roc3s on the face of the planet, but all of mine are straight with some fade at the end to the point I'm considering a Viper for the really OS hyzers when I need them....
See, I'm right there with you on this.
After hearing his descriptions, I take the "this Star Roc3 is way OS" as it actually flies per the flight numbers.
Which is what I wanted...when I bought two champs this week.

What kills me on these ITB are when pros describe two of the exact same discs in every way, but that have totally different flight, and thats supposed to be a positive.
Sure, if you have your pick of the entire stock of the company as a touring pro at your disposal to test and pick your favs, great.
But, as a typical consumer, this is frustrating in that I don't want to go through a half dozen purchases to find the one disc that actually performs to spec.
Not to mention from the leading manufacturer that can't stop putting out new discs with new supposed flight paths...
I would have thought buying a champ Roc3 would have guaranteed an OS disc for me, but its basically a Proxy.
Which I have 4 of already.

This is the exact reason I continue to migrate to Kastaplast and MVP.
Just not finding these same QC issues.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I think that was why he started bagging them, but The mold has stuck even after he had some beat roc3s. He had two in the bag for the USDGC, tho I'm not really sure why. Its a subtle distiction, but he seems to prefer the mako3 for pure anhyzer shots, and his roc3s for flat to turn or hyzer flip turnover shots. The mako3 only seems to get used for a pure Annie the whole way to the ground. That's a really specific shot to bag a mold for, but it sure seems to work fine for him
Old 11-24-2015, 12:43 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.5
Courses Played: 58
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
After hearing his descriptions, I take the "this Star Roc3 is way OS" as it actually flies per the flight numbers.
Which is what I wanted...when I bought two champs this week.

What kills me on these ITB are when pros describe two of the exact same discs in every way, but that have totally different flight, and thats supposed to be a positive.
Sure, if you have your pick of the entire stock of the company as a touring pro at your disposal to test and pick your favs, great.
But, as a typical consumer, this is frustrating in that I don't want to go through a half dozen purchases to find the one disc that actually performs to spec.
Not to mention from the leading manufacturer that can't stop putting out new discs with new supposed flight paths...
I would have thought buying a champ Roc3 would have guaranteed an OS disc for me, but its basically a Proxy.
Which I have 4 of already.

This is the exact reason I continue to migrate to Kastaplast and MVP.
Just not finding these same QC issues.
If you read a Roc3 thread or review you'd find out that they were never OS and never 3 fade. Maybe the JL max weight domey ones, I had one a year or two ago and that may have been closer. Normal out of the box ones are one turn and two fade.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
If you read a Roc3 thread or review you'd find out that they were never OS and never 3 fade. Maybe the JL max weight domey ones, I had one a year or two ago and that may have been closer. Normal out of the box ones are one turn and two fade.
Great. Then they should probably put that on the disc, lol.
My bad though, I guess, for not doing the work for Innova?
Old 11-24-2015, 01:02 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.5
Courses Played: 58
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Great. Then they should probably put that on the disc, lol.
My bad though, I guess, for not doing the work for Innova?
Naw, it's their bad.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:47 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,069 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
But, as a typical consumer, this is frustrating in that I don't want to go through a half dozen purchases to find the one disc that actually performs to spec
Which is why we read DGCR and other boards and get the varied opinions. For me the hype that angered me most was for the DD Freedom, which was NOT what was advertised and pushed.... But yes, that's why ALL the opinion boards are good, even with diverse opinions on them... It cuts past the hype...