Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 09-13-2018, 06:05 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default Looking for a new throwing putter.

I'm using a Discmania P-line P2 as my main throwing putter, I also bag a Gold Line Pure and a Westside Harp.

I usually use the Pure for hyzerflip that turns into turnovers and the Harp for Headwind and forehands. I like how these feels in the hand much better compared to a P2.

The putter I use the most for "distance" shots is the P2.

I really like the P-line P2 for shots I want to fly straight with a finish in the end. I usually throw this on a hyzer flip, it flips to flat and gives me no turn and give me some fade in the end. If I release it flat, it will give me turn. However, I'm not super happy with how it feels in the hand and the P2 will eventually give me turn the more I beat it in.

I'm looking for a disc that flies like a P2, but it feels similar to a Harp or a Pure in the hand, I also want this disc in a plastic such as Star/Gold Line/Tournament/Champion/VIP/Lucid.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm looking for something inbetween a Harp and a Pure, that feels good in the hand and is also in a plastic that I can trust over time.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2018, 06:23 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 40 Times in 25 Posts

Neutron Envy is probably your best bet. Feels really similar to pure, and kinda similar to harp. Good stable flight, and very long life cycle. Other plastics are probably good too, I just prefer neutron for when I have used envies.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 27 Times in 21 Posts

I would say either a Moonshine Warden or some of the MVP putters (don't recall which one but plenty here know) if you are looking for one that would have to be in a premium plastic. I use CB Marshalls but they break in fairly quickly and from personal experience have almost the same flight as a P2. But, that being said the Lucid Marhsalls are substantially more stable than there softer plastic counterparts, I would dare so near to my broken in blend harp flightwise. I don;t know if they make a premium plastic stud or not but that could be something to give a shot, it is a shallow putter not quite the feel of a pure or harp but still along the lines of shallow. Hope my rambling helps!
Old 09-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,062 Times in 1,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by podskiii View Post
I'm using a Discmania P-line P2 as my main throwing putter, I also bag a Gold Line Pure and a Westside Harp.
I usually use the Pure for hyzerflip that turns into turnovers and the Harp for Headwind and forehands. I like how these feels in the hand much better compared to a P2.
The putter I use the most for "distance" shots is the P2.
I really like the P-line P2 for shots I want to fly straight with a finish in the end. I usually throw this on a hyzer flip, it flips to flat and gives me no turn and give me some fade in the end. If I release it flat, it will give me turn. However, I'm not super happy with how it feels in the hand and the P2 will eventually give me turn the more I beat it in.
I'm looking for a disc that flies like a P2, but it feels similar to a Harp or a Pure in the hand, I also want this disc in a plastic such as Star/Gold Line/Tournament/Champion/VIP/Lucid.
Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm looking for something inbetween a Harp and a Pure, that feels good in the hand and is also in a plastic that I can trust over time.
Since you're liking Trilogy putters and plastics, I suggest you go with... Trilogy putters and plastic.

If you like beads, the Judge is the answer. If you like smaller beads, the Marshal would be good (and really good as it's a wee bit more stable than the Judge). If you like beadless, then the Warden is good. They come in good premium plastics as well as baseline plastics.

All of the above are Dynamic Discs. Lat64 and Westside Discs have some good choices, such as the Shield, Crown, and Swans.

All are good; it will just come down to personal preference for you.

Last edited by SD86; 09-13-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 2
Niced 394 Times in 293 Posts

Star Aviar3. I think there are some runs of Champ, but they're not stock runs.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:33 AM
Par Member

Niced 27 Times in 23 Posts

Prodiscus Premium or Ultrium Sparta. Little deeper than Harp and Pure but it's nice flyer. And Prodiscus produces the best plastic.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:38 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 313 Times in 185 Posts

Aviar3
Old 09-14-2018, 08:08 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 175 Times in 98 Posts

DGA Breaker
Discraft Challenger OS
Prodigy PA1 or PA3

All good stable to overstable throwing putters. Breaker is the thinnest. PL plastic will be slightly less OS than the SP (Sparkle) if you go that route. There are Challenger OS out there in ESP Plastic. The PA1 in 400 plastic is really nice. 750 flies well too, and is stiffer, if that's your thing. The Glo PA3s are nearly as OS, but have a different feel. Good luck, half the fun is trying them all.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:19 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 11 Times in 6 Posts

If you want a softer thrower that grips the ground then I say classic blend Judge. If you want a more durable thrower that will slide I say fusion Judge. I also love the Jawbreaker Roach (Elite Z is much deeper). You can absolutely mash them but will most likely fly more like your pure. Definitely some hi speed turn.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 126 Times in 66 Posts

I'll second the Moonshine Warden. It's a fantastic driving putter. The glide on it is ridiculous.

The other driving putter I have been testing lately and really like is the Ultrium Jokeri from Prodiscus. It's a lower profile similar to a premium plastic Pure. While it doesn't have as much of a pronounced fade on the finish, it still finishes a little left of center for me. Granted...it's still brand new so I can't speak to its longevity with these flight characteristics.