Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Where/how to buy discs at events?

If I am not having the best luck in disc selection at my nearest shops and don't want to buy online that badly. Is a PDGA event, The WA state Championships in this case early in November, a good place to find vendors with a great selection of new discs. Like the Atlas for instance, none of my local shops are carrying this disc which means its probably been a while since they placed an order. I figure an event like this is going to offer a way better selection than I will find at any one shop. Is that accurate and should I wait til then?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 06:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 44 Times in 37 Posts

have you tried http://www.olympicdiscs.com/ in shelton?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
I got Lonnie's voice mail a couple times and the shop once. Shop has no clue what's there. Not making a special trip up there without knowing they have an Atlas at least, but i am hoping to go with someone to Wednesday or Saturday Doubles at shelton some time and see what they have while out that way.

The championships might happen first though.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 29 Times in 17 Posts

Where are you in Washington I know chain bangers has the atlas and I think mandos does also?
Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandocommando9 View Post
Where are you in Washington I know chain bangers has the atlas and I think mandos does also?
Those shops are a little far. like an hour drive. But Mandos website doesnt show any Atlas. Kind of a limited stock online. I was wondering if it was updated or current? Chain Bangerz doesn't list stock online and didn't answer their phone today. I think they are both closed on mondays? I would not likely make a trip up that far anyway unless golfing with other guys or at an event. I still don't know jack about Shelton or Steilacoom which are much closer courses. I will be by Olympic Discs at some point to check it out.

Just wanting more information on the availability of Discs at events.
No one knows whats up with that though?
Old 09-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

the WA State Championships at steilli will have 2 vendors there. Steilli is my homd course, live about 1 mile away. You will have Kilmer's van (disc golf armory), and toms set up from mandos. Has a decent selection of everything from innova to swedish plastic. I would expect much more innova/discraft, and limited selections of swedish/finnish. especially the DD stuff. but they do have some. if you talk to em a bit, they might let you huk some used plastic to try it out first. but its a good place to start and get an actual feel for the discs in hand. reasinable prices too. kilmer will buy used discs sometimes too for pias prices.

edit: and as far as where and how goes, just hit them up in between rounds. theyll have the booths set up on either side of the TD check in stand usually.

edit edit: if you want newer discs, check the mandos stand first. kilmer tends to stock discs that he favors, and mandos will stock whats popular. if they dont have it, theyll order it...tom and his wife are pretty good about that

Last edited by Hoss22; 09-08-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
the WA State Championships at steilli will have 2 vendors there. Steilli is my homd course, live about 1 mile away. You will have Kilmer's van (disc golf armory), and toms set up from mandos. Has a decent selection of everything from innova to swedish plastic. I would expect much more innova/discraft, and limited selections of swedish/finnish. especially the DD stuff. but they do have some. if you talk to em a bit, they might let you huk some used plastic to try it out first. but its a good place to start and get an actual feel for the discs in hand. reasinable prices too. kilmer will buy used discs sometimes too for pias prices.

edit: and as far as where and how goes, just hit them up in between rounds. theyll have the booths set up on either side of the TD check in stand usually.

edit edit: if you want newer discs, check the mandos stand first. kilmer tends to stock discs that he favors, and mandos will stock whats popular. if they dont have it, theyll order it...tom and his wife are pretty good about that
Thanks for the info. I have heard of Kilmers Van, how else do you catch that guy at Steilli? Does he have hours? Or talk about where he will be and when?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hes there on most weekends after 12, and some weekdays. no set hours though. he'll be there more often for the next couple months, but its kind of hit and miss. best bet is saturdays around 2-3
Old 09-08-2013, 11:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 44 Times in 37 Posts

for what its worth
if you have never played shelton springs, you are missing out
its definitely worth the trip
when compared to Shelton springs, woodland creek is a putt putt course, and stilley is a garbage dump with baskets

Old 09-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
I shot them an email tonight with the list of products i am looking at.
Will see what they are able to come up with.