Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use a beat in SS magic, smooth like butter for anhyzers and easily flippable
Old 05-31-2014, 03:54 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Bingo. My current one is a year old and heavily used, and I still can't get it to turn. I've even had someone with 500' distance lay into it and not flip or turn it. It really is a magical mold.
I'm sure it's my swing flaws then. I throw it flat for 250 and under. Anything more than that is a full tee shot and I have to start it with some hyzer. I will work on that. I bet that will help with the other discs.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:26 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Beat R-Pro Dart.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:14 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfpro View Post
So - I have amassed 3 Summits (1 super floppy, 2 firms). The firms totally fit the bill. I have been able to hyzer flip them laser straight for short, tight tunnels. I then can use them for dogleg right shots with a nice, smooth release - not having to put a ton of anhyzer, or crank on it. It has nice, unexpected glide. I played a putter only round, and put a 290' drive pin high with the Summit (typically, I'm putting my putters ~200'-225'), granted, I will probably never make that drive again, but it's a pleasant memory! So, I have a bagged Summit, a back-up and the floppy will probably be a winter disc!

Thanks to all
Genuine question :
How do you go from billion of recommandation for a MEDIUM Summit to buying a floppy and 2 firms? I'm confused AND very happy that you found what you were looking for.

I think the firm blend beats up rather quickly (compared to the Medium). I can't compare myself, but I do have a firm VP and on a solid tree hit, chances are it will chunk.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Magic.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:52 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
Genuine question :
How do you go from billion of recommandation for a MEDIUM Summit to buying a floppy and 2 firms? I'm confused AND very happy that you found what you were looking for.

I think the firm blend beats up rather quickly (compared to the Medium). I can't compare myself, but I do have a firm VP and on a solid tree hit, chances are it will chunk.
So - a few reasons...

1) financial - got these three discs under $25 shipped, they are all 8+ (Some are inked, but I don't care). So, even though they weren't exactly what was recommended, the price was right!

2) I'm not good enough to notice subtle differences due to plastic differences in the same mold. I have discs of the same mold, same plastic that fly differently because they are at different stages of wear. I recognize the differences in flight paths, so I know which situation to throw each disc.

3) I got the floppy one first, and it was too floppy to drive with, but I liked the flight, so I knew I needed a stiffer one. The stiff came available first.

I have a firm ridge which I throw in the "winter" - which is typically warmer then freezing..... So hopefully this won't chunk up!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:09 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, firm is still better than base pastic. You should be fine (and maybe the flight don't change much when they beat up).

Old 06-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had a beat kc aviar that was amazing for this, lost it unfortunately playing around in my front yard in the wind (got caught by the wind and flew over my neighbors house). Now i just throw the Nova on anny, but i do wish i could hyzer flip it