Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 131
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 800 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill Golf View Post
It says this:

I've never heard of a groove top buzzz ever... 'till now... so maybe not a Banger GT at all.

so, a Buzzz GT?
Correct, a Buzzz GT. The MDGO has done a couple runs of these if I remember correctly and definitely more recently than 2007. I sold one a while back that was a Z Buzzz GT and still have this one sitting around.

Not sure when the Ti FLX version was made but it definitely exists.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2017, 06:34 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.7
Courses Played: 52
Niced 199 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoVillage View Post
The mold for the Buzzz GT isn't lost; we ran a Cryztal Buzzz GT last year through Infinite Discs as a Limited Edition disc.

Eagle is welcome to come back and play the event. He will find significant improvements compared to 2015.
Being heavily involved with Infinite, I actually have a couple of the Buzzz GTs. My daughter loves hers! It's a great feeling mold, but I would love to see Discraft add the Groove Top to the Buzzz OS!
Old 01-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Par Member

Niced 149 Times in 80 Posts

I've got about 4 or 5 of those Z Buzzz GTs laying around, all brand new, 2 of them Z Glo versions and a couple purple ones as well, all max weight if anyone is interested PM me. We Michiganders have all sorts of access to Discraft goodies at local clubs/events.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 54 Times in 23 Posts

I've had a great time at this event the last two years, including watching the top pros. S&D isn't my cup of tea, so I'm glad to see it go the way of the dodo. I might not make it down this year, but if i do, I might have to get my butt kicked in MA1. Westwood is a must-play, so I'm disappointed to see only one pool get to play it.

Nate, do you know when the updated caddy guides will be posted? If i do register, my decision between MA1 and MA3, which have the two best course rotations for divisions I'm eligible for, will be based in large part on tee selections. Will every division that plays a course use the same tees? I believe that was the case last year. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 132
Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts

I've played in 4 serious tourneys using stoke and distance plus lots of ropes. Ledgestone and collegiate nationals among them. It is actually some of the most heart pounding golf I've played. Strategy and skill are A must to score well. So I like it. I don't want it every round but it certainly makes for an intense experience.

However, I also see why top pros who survive on high ratings do not prefer it, and why the Pdga, who oversees ratings and can't guarantee course design have moved away from it.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 160
Niced 149 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
I've had a great time at this event the last two years, including watching the top pros. S&D isn't my cup of tea, so I'm glad to see it go the way of the dodo. I might not make it down this year, but if i do, I might have to get my butt kicked in MA1. Westwood is a must-play, so I'm disappointed to see only one pool get to play it.

Nate, do you know when the updated caddy guides will be posted? If i do register, my decision between MA1 and MA3, which have the two best course rotations for divisions I'm eligible for, will be based in large part on tee selections. Will every division that plays a course use the same tees? I believe that was the case last year. Keep up the good work!
Updated caddy guides won't be posted for a while, but at Westwood we will be using the short tee pads. Same with Northwood. McNaughton will probably be short as well, but I haven't decided yet.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 54 Times in 23 Posts

Thanks Nate!

I played in the same pool as FPO last year, and therefore played Westwood on the rainy day. That actually ended up being my highest-ever rated round. Likely due to my rather boring, steady unspectacular play while some of the better players blew up while being too aggressive. I still don't know how Holly shot a 50 that day (ended up with a 1016-rated round).

Oh, and go short at McNasty. They're tough enough!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 321
Niced 447 Times in 197 Posts

I know what you mean! I struggled that day to keep my footing, and managed to stay within four strokes (60) of the best Adv Master (56) there that day. Holly kicked all of our butts!
Old 01-21-2017, 11:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
I know what you mean! I struggled that day to keep my footing, and managed to stay within four strokes (60) of the best Adv Master (56) there that day. Holly kicked all of our butts!
Any video of Holly's round? (Please quote me so I get flagged of your comment, thx.)

Old 01-24-2017, 12:07 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 160
Niced 149 Times in 45 Posts

We just finalized the LE program for this year.

Got some hot releases, including the Z Ringer, ESP Buzzz OS, Big Z Force and more.

If anyone is interested in getting the full details of the 12 special molds we are doing send an email to nate@ledgestonegrp.com