9 - Discraft Pred and Undertaker
10 - Discmania PD
11 - Millennium Astra and AstraX
12 - Innova Destroyer
13 - Prodigy D Series
14 - MVP Dimension, Teleport

This was pretty fun!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

When I looked at your choices, I thought, "I might actually like this list better than the one I submitted!" There are several differences between yours and mine, but all the choices are appealing to me.

I have read of people suggesting - I suppose in jest - that they go to a course and switch bags with another player for a fun round; for the kicks, or the challenge, or to demonstrate how superior their own bag of discs is. Perhaps some have done this. I am beginning to think that I might have just as much fun and success with any experienced player's chosen discs. As Obi-wan/Philo says, "it's the archer, not the arrow."
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2017, 06:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 690 Times in 326 Posts

1 - Quest 10M Brick?
2 - Lightning #2 Putter? I have no idea about these 2
3 - Discraft Zone
4 - Innova Roc, Wedge
5 - Discmania MD3? Since I already used Innova, this might be a stand-in for the Roc3
6 - Yikun View? Only thing left in MSt's guide I don't have a mfr for this speed
7 - Millenium Polaris LS
8 - ABC Flying Squirrel, because why not?
9 - Daredevil Mammoth
10 - Axiom Insanity
11 - Legacy Renegade
12 - MVP Wave
13 - Prodiscus Fasti
14 - Vibram Lace

Niced: (1)
Old 07-26-2017, 10:23 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 844 Times in 406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
1 - Quest 10M Brick?
2 - Lightning #2 Putter? I have no idea about these 2
3 - Discraft Zone
4 - Innova Roc, Wedge
5 - Discmania MD3? Since I already used Innova, this might be a stand-in for the Roc3
6 - Yikun View? Only thing left in MSt's guide I don't have a mfr for this speed
7 - Millenium Polaris LS
8 - ABC Flying Squirrel, because why not?
9 - Daredevil Mammoth
10 - Axiom Insanity
11 - Legacy Renegade
12 - MVP Wave
13 - Prodiscus Fasti
14 - Vibram Lace

Nice list.

I can tell that you have been playing disc golf for a bit if you remember the 10m brick from Quest. I have only been playing for a few years, and unfortunately have never seen one during that time.
I live relatively close to Marshall St, and have checked out the remaining Quest stock that they still have; all drivers - Defenders, Infernos and such. The plastic looks like perhaps it would not measure up to today's newer stuff. But, how cool would it be to be crushing drives with one of those dimpled Defenders.

I played a round today with a guy that was using his Flying Squirrel for most of his upshots. It was more stable than I imagined that disc would be. Not overstable, but pretty straight.
And, coincidentally, given your list, he was also using a very beat up Polaris LS for turnover upshots. That disc was extremely flippy.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:50 AM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,444 Times in 1,140 Posts

1. Innova - Polecat: Seems odd to burn Innova right away with the slowest disc category but the Kitty is probably the best disc they make.
2. Element - Plutonium: Awesome putter, especially for putting.
3. MVP - Ion: (o)(o)
4. Discraft - Comet: They're pretty good, I guess.
5. Dynamic - Verdict: I'd go with Nebula personally but I've already used Discraft so this DD similar disc works.
6. Kastaplast - Kaxe: Sure.
7. Legacy - Rival: Safe pick.
8. DGA - Pipeline: I have no idea.
9. Discmania - PD: The Finnish Teebird.
10. Westside - Boatman: The Finnish, uh, Surge.
11. Axiom - Insanity: underrated flyer.
12. Prodigy - D2: I'm running out of brands here, maybe this won't suck.
13. Vibram - Lace: Actually bomb pretty well.
14. Latitude 64 - Ballista: Seems like it should be decent.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-27-2017, 07:52 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
1. Innova - Polecat: Seems odd to burn Innova right away with the slowest disc category but the Kitty is probably the best disc they make.
2. Element - Plutonium: Awesome putter, especially for putting.
3. MVP - Ion: (o)(o)
4. Discraft - Comet: They're pretty good, I guess.
5. Dynamic - Verdict: I'd go with Nebula personally but I've already used Discraft so this DD similar disc works.
6. Kastaplast - Kaxe: Sure.
7. Legacy - Rival: Safe pick.
8. DGA - Pipeline: I have no idea.
9. Discmania - PD: The Finnish Teebird.
10. Westside - Boatman: The Finnish, uh, Surge.
11. Axiom - Insanity: underrated flyer.
12. Prodigy - D2: I'm running out of brands here, maybe this won't suck.
13. Vibram - Lace: Actually bomb pretty well.
14. Latitude 64 - Ballista: Seems like it should be decent.

I have seen that some few members of this forum swear by the Polecat, and had wondered if anyone would make the bold move of using up Innova with speed 1. Bully for you! Stand by your convictions.

But, Oh no! You have chosen another Discraft disc over the Nebula? What can we count on in this world if not that BrotherDave will always be working the fairways with one. It is a good thing this is only an exercise. I suspect you could find yourself on some narrow fairway, with an uncertain prospect of attaining par, reaching into your bag of discs, only to cry in shock, "what have I done?!!!"
Old 07-27-2017, 02:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 133
Niced 690 Times in 326 Posts

What flight chart is everyone using for this? I'm using MSt which has the Lace and UnLace listed as 14's...
Old 07-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,444 Times in 1,140 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
I have seen that some few members of this forum swear by the Polecat, and had wondered if anyone would make the bold move of using up Innova with speed 1. Bully for you! Stand by your convictions.

But, Oh no! You have chosen another Discraft disc over the Nebula? What can we count on in this world if not that BrotherDave will always be working the fairways with one. It is a good thing this is only an exercise. I suspect you could find yourself on some narrow fairway, with an uncertain prospect of attaining par, reaching into your bag of discs, only to cry in shock, "what have I done?!!!"
Fortunately there are more Nebula clones than Comet clones. I don't even own a comet but respect is due.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
What flight chart is everyone using for this? I'm using MSt which has the Lace and UnLace listed as 14's...

Good question!

You're right that the Marshall St Disc Golf chart has both Lace and UnLace listed as speed 14. And, I generally follow that chart as a good reference.

But, I recognize that people will have different views on the actual speeds of particular molds; views that may differ from the Mst chart.

In fact, I don't agree with everything on the Mst chart. For instance, I do not believe that a Westside Catapult is in fact a speed 14 disc, as listed on Mst and other sites. I would probably put it around speed 12. Someone else could disagree with me, perhaps saying it is speed 13 (or 11).

And, it is my view that a Kastaplast Kaxe is a speed 5 disc, not speed 6 as is generally given around the web. My view is based on throwing a Kaxe in a field alongside some other speed 5 and 6 discs, and seeing that the Kaxe is generally slower than the speed 6 discs (like a Leopard), and slower, in fact, than some speed 5 discs (like the Stingray, which another site puts at speed 4!). This is my own view, however. And, I recognize that it is not worth getting in a fight with others about trivial issues like listed disc speeds.

Now, if someone were suggesting that the Vibram Lace should be put at a speed vastly different than speed 14, then I would call shenanigans.

So, when a person responds to this challenge, and makes a list where discs are in somewhat different speed positions than I would place them, I still view the list as valid - and interesting, in fact, because they may be saying, "Here are the discs that I choose, and in the positions that I believe they truly belong".