Old 07-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,198 Times in 609 Posts

The Virus requires more power to show the understability. That, IMO, is always something to consider when comparing molds.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-16-2018, 01:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 47
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
The Virus requires more power to show the understability. That, IMO, is always something to consider when comparing molds.
I have a decent arm now but back when I bought them I didn't.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 603 Times in 443 Posts

Curious - Compare the SWITCH and the RELAY - I picked up a relay recently and like it, but sometimes almost TOO flippy - curious how the switch compares? and how is the rim/feel, the relay is really nice in that its super thin, and gets out of trouble nice.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 47
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Curious - Compare the SWITCH and the RELAY - I picked up a relay recently and like it, but sometimes almost TOO flippy - curious how the switch compares? and how is the rim/feel, the relay is really nice in that its super thin, and gets out of trouble nice.
I love the Relay. It's exactly what I was looking for in that slot. I bought a Switch the first week they were out and remember it having some fade and not much turn. I got one of the Plasma run thingies on the Neutron so maybe that's just a different disc. Relay took some getting used to for me due to my grip. Rim feels very small.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:05 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 112 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
The Switch is pretty straight when new with a touch of fade. When broken in, they have some HSS with less LSS. I find that with the Relay I am able to carve lines better. It is a touch slower than the Switch and easier to get up to speed. Neither can really handle a full powered 325+ rip as well. However, I find the Relay to be sneaky long. I don't find the same with with Switch. When you can dial in how to throw it with your power is is fantastic. I normally carry 2 - beat and fresher. I tend to hyzer flip both BH and FH as my preferred method. Thrown this way they flip to flat and ride that line with a very small amount of fade. Thrown flat, they turn and then have a gentle fade. I also love to flick them. They are easy to get up to speed. The fresher ones just have less HSS and a tad more LSS. The beat ones are also great for long panning turnover shots.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 5
Niced 858 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
I love the Relay. It's exactly what I was looking for in that slot. I bought a Switch the first week they were out and remember it having some fade and not much turn. I got one of the Plasma run thingies on the Neutron so maybe that's just a different disc. Relay took some getting used to for me due to my grip. Rim feels very small.
Exactly my experience, bought the Switch early and was disappointed, now it's in the bag as the Relays big brother. It is a tighter s disc than the Relay but capable of very straight shots, I use it uphill on an anhyzer for straight tunnels. The late fade is really workable too for a FH or sweeping late hyzer. It rounded out my bag.. Relay, Switch + whatever distance or specialty discs I'm messing with... its an underrated workhorse.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 603 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
The Switch is pretty straight when new with a touch of fade. When broken in, they have some HSS with less LSS. I find that with the Relay I am able to carve lines better. It is a touch slower than the Switch and easier to get up to speed. Neither can really handle a full powered 325+ rip as well. However, I find the Relay to be sneaky long. I don't find the same with with Switch. When you can dial in how to throw it with your power is is fantastic. I normally carry 2 - beat and fresher. I tend to hyzer flip both BH and FH as my preferred method. Thrown this way they flip to flat and ride that line with a very small amount of fade. Thrown flat, they turn and then have a gentle fade. I also love to flick them. They are easy to get up to speed. The fresher ones just have less HSS and a tad more LSS. The beat ones are also great for long panning turnover shots.
I know what you mean - I went to an open field and threw the Relay the same distance as the Teleport. Granted - the relay throw was awesome deep hyzerflip and the teleport throw got a little nose up and faded but both were full throws. Relay goes quite long.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 46 Times in 24 Posts

Does anyone know what mold the new proton rim is at am worlds?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Free at Last

Niced 1,198 Times in 609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBowman View Post
Does anyone know what mold the new proton rim is at am worlds?
According to Facebook (from what I can see with no account), it is a prototype.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,613 Times in 2,430 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/AxiomDiscs/...type=3&theater

Pretty small looking rim... Relay class or mid?...
Closed Thread