#4101  
Old 07-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Halcón's Avatar
Halcón Halcón is online now
Free at Last
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 12,014
Niced 1,198 Times in 609 Posts
Default

The Virus requires more power to show the understability. That, IMO, is always something to consider when comparing molds.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
  #4102  
Old 07-16-2018, 01:28 PM
aajpity's Avatar
aajpity aajpity is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,976
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
The Virus requires more power to show the understability. That, IMO, is always something to consider when comparing molds.
I have a decent arm now but back when I bought them I didn't.
  #4103  
Old 07-16-2018, 06:39 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,777
Niced 603 Times in 443 Posts
Default

Curious - Compare the SWITCH and the RELAY - I picked up a relay recently and like it, but sometimes almost TOO flippy - curious how the switch compares? and how is the rim/feel, the relay is really nice in that its super thin, and gets out of trouble nice.
  #4104  
Old 07-16-2018, 10:31 PM
aajpity's Avatar
aajpity aajpity is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,976
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Curious - Compare the SWITCH and the RELAY - I picked up a relay recently and like it, but sometimes almost TOO flippy - curious how the switch compares? and how is the rim/feel, the relay is really nice in that its super thin, and gets out of trouble nice.
I love the Relay. It's exactly what I was looking for in that slot. I bought a Switch the first week they were out and remember it having some fade and not much turn. I got one of the Plasma run thingies on the Neutron so maybe that's just a different disc. Relay took some getting used to for me due to my grip. Rim feels very small.
  #4105  
Old 07-16-2018, 11:05 PM
funguy funguy is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 304
Niced 112 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Curious - Compare the SWITCH and the RELAY - I picked up a relay recently and like it, but sometimes almost TOO flippy - curious how the switch compares? and how is the rim/feel, the relay is really nice in that its super thin, and gets out of trouble nice.
The Switch is pretty straight when new with a touch of fade. When broken in, they have some HSS with less LSS. I find that with the Relay I am able to carve lines better. It is a touch slower than the Switch and easier to get up to speed. Neither can really handle a full powered 325+ rip as well. However, I find the Relay to be sneaky long. I don't find the same with with Switch. When you can dial in how to throw it with your power is is fantastic. I normally carry 2 - beat and fresher. I tend to hyzer flip both BH and FH as my preferred method. Thrown this way they flip to flat and ride that line with a very small amount of fade. Thrown flat, they turn and then have a gentle fade. I also love to flick them. They are easy to get up to speed. The fresher ones just have less HSS and a tad more LSS. The beat ones are also great for long panning turnover shots.
  #4106  
Old 07-17-2018, 02:04 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,366
Niced 858 Times in 596 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
I love the Relay. It's exactly what I was looking for in that slot. I bought a Switch the first week they were out and remember it having some fade and not much turn. I got one of the Plasma run thingies on the Neutron so maybe that's just a different disc. Relay took some getting used to for me due to my grip. Rim feels very small.
Exactly my experience, bought the Switch early and was disappointed, now it's in the bag as the Relays big brother. It is a tighter s disc than the Relay but capable of very straight shots, I use it uphill on an anhyzer for straight tunnels. The late fade is really workable too for a FH or sweeping late hyzer. It rounded out my bag.. Relay, Switch + whatever distance or specialty discs I'm messing with... its an underrated workhorse.
  #4107  
Old 07-17-2018, 10:40 AM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,777
Niced 603 Times in 443 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
The Switch is pretty straight when new with a touch of fade. When broken in, they have some HSS with less LSS. I find that with the Relay I am able to carve lines better. It is a touch slower than the Switch and easier to get up to speed. Neither can really handle a full powered 325+ rip as well. However, I find the Relay to be sneaky long. I don't find the same with with Switch. When you can dial in how to throw it with your power is is fantastic. I normally carry 2 - beat and fresher. I tend to hyzer flip both BH and FH as my preferred method. Thrown this way they flip to flat and ride that line with a very small amount of fade. Thrown flat, they turn and then have a gentle fade. I also love to flick them. They are easy to get up to speed. The fresher ones just have less HSS and a tad more LSS. The beat ones are also great for long panning turnover shots.
I know what you mean - I went to an open field and threw the Relay the same distance as the Teleport. Granted - the relay throw was awesome deep hyzerflip and the teleport throw got a little nose up and faded but both were full throws. Relay goes quite long.
  #4108  
Old 07-17-2018, 03:22 PM
BryanBowman BryanBowman is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 56
Niced 46 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Does anyone know what mold the new proton rim is at am worlds?
  #4109  
Old 07-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Halcón's Avatar
Halcón Halcón is online now
Free at Last
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 12,014
Niced 1,198 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBowman View Post
Does anyone know what mold the new proton rim is at am worlds?
According to Facebook (from what I can see with no account), it is a prototype.
 

  #4110  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:16 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,380
Niced 4,613 Times in 2,430 Posts
Default

https://www.facebook.com/AxiomDiscs/...type=3&theater

Pretty small looking rim... Relay class or mid?...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 12:16 PM
Hall of Fame Classic by MVP Disc Sports-- first NT event presented by MVP! Aim For The Chains Tournaments & Leagues 231 09-18-2015 10:32 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 05:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 09:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.