Old 07-29-2019, 09:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 712 Times in 292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Are FR/2R outlaws worth anything these days?
I picked up a 2nd run brand new at a local shop last week for $25. 1st run was tagged $30.

Not sure if that is a steal or not since I have no experience with the disc but it felt nice, was pearly, and I’ve been meaning to try one for awhile.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 86
Niced 337 Times in 182 Posts

I think those prices are probably fair. There were a bunch of SR’s posted on Facebook last week for $25 shipped and I think he was cutting deals on multiples. FR’s are normally more like $30-35. You can sometimes snag them for less if you are patient, someone dumped a couple FR’s earlier today for $15 each.

I assume we are talking Icon here. The lightweight FR and SR pinnacles are probably in the same range as Icon, but the heavies not as much.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-29-2019, 10:42 PM

Years Playing: 14.7
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Do people still throw Legacy?
I used to know people locally that threw 1 or 2 legacy, don't know anyone that does anymore. Half my bag was legacy few years ago but when so many good discs started flooding the market i ended up switching them out. I'd put a ghost back in my bag if i still had a stack of the protege FR blend though.

i threw and collected legacy for years, have a lot of respect for rico, met him in madison long time ago. bought a LOT of discs and shirts directly through their online shop to support them, etc.

anyway long story short i decided to sell a few collector discs on the legacy collectors facebook page last year and one of the team legacy guys didn't know me and assumed i was "shady", so he knee-jerk banned me from the page the first attempt i made at posting some of my collectors, i even tried to have him call me and talk but he seemed to have different interests in mind.. considering the way that team legacy member treated me i decided to dump the ~90 discs locally for a dollar a disc and haven't "collected" a single disc or thrown legacy since then
Old 07-29-2019, 11:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,512 Times in 1,889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I used to know people locally that threw 1 or 2 legacy, don't know anyone that does anymore. Half my bag was legacy few years ago but when so many good discs started flooding the market i ended up switching them out. I'd put a ghost back in my bag if i still had a stack of the protege FR blend though.

i threw and collected legacy for years, have a lot of respect for rico, met him in madison long time ago. bought a LOT of discs and shirts directly through their online shop to support them, etc.

anyway long story short i decided to sell a few collector discs on the legacy collectors facebook page last year and one of the team legacy guys didn't know me and assumed i was "shady", so he knee-jerk banned me from the page the first attempt i made at posting some of my collectors, i even tried to have him call me and talk but he seemed to have different interests in mind.. considering the way that team legacy member treated me i decided to dump the ~90 discs locally for a dollar a disc and haven't "collected" a single disc or thrown legacy since then
Dang...yeah Legacy was THE hotness for awhile with a crazy collectors market and now...just kind of silent.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 59
Niced 144 Times in 85 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
My Legacy tourney setup:

-Judges/Daggers/Harp
-QMS/Buzzzs/Icon Pursuit
-Blue Legend Mongoose/Glow Phenom/QJLSs/Legend&Pinnacle Rivals/Teebird/Eagles/Thunderbird/Firebirds
-Orcs/Pinnacle Rampages/Icon, Legend, and Pinnacle Outlaws/Defenders/Ricky Destroyer/D1/Nuke/Air Ballista Pro/etc.
(I like go farr discs and don't discriminate so I test a lot )

In the winter, I'll swap out my CE QMS and CE QJs for a silver legend Gauge and one or two Patriots respectively.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 86
Niced 337 Times in 182 Posts

I still throw Outlaws as my main distance drivers. And Ghosts as my main midranges.

Rivals and Patriots are on the bench right now but they come in from time to time, especially Patriots. But I haven’t gotten excited about any of the newer releases.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:32 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,296 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote:
I hope so. They make some good molds in good plastics. The Patriot comes to mind.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-30-2019, 08:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,204 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
I assume we are talking Icon here. The lightweight FR and SR pinnacles are probably in the same range as Icon, but the heavies not as much.
All of the outlaws I have are pinnacle. The FRs are 174ish, but I've got some lighter 2Rs (168 range)

Probably not going to sell them anytime soon, just reading the thread reminded me that I still have them in a storage box. I always liked the outlaw, but when the 3rd runs came out and were way flatter and more overstable than the first 2 runs, I was disappointed. I don't think I'll throw them again though, because the hurricane is easy enough to acquire and flies pretty much perfectly for my arm speed.

Still have a handful of Ghosts too, even my pokemon RDG stamp Ghost. Now, that's a disc I could see myself throwing again some day.

In my area, there's a few hardcore Legacy throwers. I think they just kind of fall off the map trying to make hard to acquire plastic while going too long between runs of their best discs (Outlaws and protege Ghosts immediately come to mind). I think overall they will end up a bit more regional, similar to Prodigy/DGA/Gateway - and that's not necessarily a bad place to be.

Last edited by VictorB; 07-30-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 123
Niced 243 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Rivals and Patriots, man.