#101  
Old 08-10-2019, 07:31 AM
DiscJunkie's Avatar
DiscJunkie DiscJunkie is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,542
Niced 555 Times in 238 Posts
Default

Not sure why we're talking about Lloyd so much, but he should be able to average more than one par per round...
I'll take the over.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 08-10-2019, 09:36 AM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,443
Niced 4,667 Times in 2,453 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
Not sure why we're talking about Lloyd so much, but he should be able to average more than one par per round...
I'll take the over.
He had 1 in 3 rounds at Throw Down the Mountain this spring...

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 08-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,233
Niced 900 Times in 748 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
The mix double format have been done at worlds for a few years so itΒ΄s a established consept. . but this is supposed to be a MPO+MPO or FPO+FPO doubles format?

i feel like itΒ΄s hard to get "screentime" for more than two doubles teams on a card if the event is being filmed
Mixed doubles I think has been done since sometime in the 2000's as a Major event with Jay Redding and his sister Des Redding as well as Brother sister Duo of Valery Jenkins and Avery Jenkins both battling for winning a number of years, basically since the title became a Major. This was until Nate Doss and his future wife Valery Jenkins then Innova now Discraft started winning doubles in late 2000's when Nate first joined Discraft. It was then in 2010's sometime that changed to a few different groups each year as Nate Doss started Touring less and less as Nate Doss got a few injuries that kept him from playing in events. Oh the event was a Worlds Mixed event as it was called before sometime in the 2000's but was not a big Major event.

A MPO+MPO and a FPO+FPO mixed doubles would be a cool idea. I hope it is not a random Mixed Doubles event or Mixed Doubles in the MOP+MOP and FPO+FPO style as then you will have players balking and possibly quitting if they end up with a player that does not vibe well with how they play personality wise how they act before/after throwing and how they play their disc golf game too including speed of play.

Directors need to have no more then 3 player sets to a mixed Doubles world event if they can have that or the players truly get squished in for screen time. This is why a non live post production needs to happen for mixed events, should they get on camera or each 9 hole round will be 3 hours long minimum for the 4+ groups.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 08-10-2019, 09:51 AM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,560
Niced 1,111 Times in 646 Posts
Default

Long drive competition is tomorrow. Why can't we get live coverage of this, or at least full post coverage? !@#$%
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/41911

FPO division, Paige against Allen. Will be interesting to see who wins.

Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 08-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,233
Niced 900 Times in 748 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Get a feeling that players like Sexton knows how many Firebirds are made each year....but something like the Ricky Destroyer is probably hard to keep track of
One is the Touring disc Sexton Firebird, the other Ricky Destroyer is the signature production disc. So often Touring Discs have a set number of discs per run, even the old McPro Discs had a set per run just that Innova knew to make more then one run a year unlike for some other pro players. Signature discs the players do not get much money from as the disc is regular priced. Touring discs players get bigger percent of the money from the disc as the discs are higher priced at $20+ and the regular discs are $2 or more less then the tour discs as if the extra past what a regular disc sells for is what the Pro gets to take home.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 08-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,233
Niced 900 Times in 748 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Long drive competition is tomorrow. Why can't we get live coverage of this, or at least full post coverage? !@#$%
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/41911

FPO division, Paige against Allen. Will be interesting to see who wins.
I know that would be cool, we get the long drive competition in the Desert every other year it happens we see the top distance for top 3 players in each division so Why not film this? Also others do the interviews and stuff on the side after the event.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 08-10-2019, 10:06 AM
DiscJunkie's Avatar
DiscJunkie DiscJunkie is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,542
Niced 555 Times in 238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Mixed doubles I think has been done since sometime in the 2000's as a Major event with Jay Redding and his sister Des Redding as well as Brother sister Duo of Valery Jenkins and Avery Jenkins both battling for winning a number of years, basically since the title became a Major. This was until Nate Doss and his future wife Valery Jenkins then Innova now Discraft started winning doubles in late 2000's when Nate first joined Discraft. It was then in 2010's sometime that changed to a few different groups each year as Nate Doss started Touring less and less as Nate Doss got a few injuries that kept him from playing in events. Oh the event was a Worlds Mixed event as it was called before sometime in the 2000's but was not a big Major event.

A MPO+MPO and a FPO+FPO mixed doubles would be a cool idea. I hope it is not a random Mixed Doubles event or Mixed Doubles in the MOP+MOP and FPO+FPO style as then you will have players balking and possibly quitting if they end up with a player that does not vibe well with how they play personality wise how they act before/after throwing and how they play their disc golf game too including speed of play.

Directors need to have no more then 3 player sets to a mixed Doubles world event if they can have that or the players truly get squished in for screen time. This is why a non live post production needs to happen for mixed events, should they get on camera or each 9 hole round will be 3 hours long minimum for the 4+ groups.
Small clarification/correction.
I'm pretty sure Jay and Des are married.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 08-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,233
Niced 900 Times in 748 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
Small clarification/correction.
I'm pretty sure Jay and Des are married.
Oh sorry I did not know, must have happened before I started playing in 2003.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 08-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,888
Niced 1,725 Times in 971 Posts
Default

Only 3 FPO in the long drive? No Jen Allen or Henna

And it looks like Paige and Koling has dropped out of the mixed doubles event
Reply With Quote
 

  #110  
Old 08-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,888
Niced 1,725 Times in 971 Posts
Default

There is a Maike Lizotte signed up for Worlds....and she signed up as Maike Janiesch in mixed doubles. . . Any relation to Simon?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PDGA NT: 2019 Delaware Disc Golf Challenge 23-Aug to 25-Aug-2019 brutalbrutus Tournaments & Leagues 103 08-29-2019 02:27 PM
2018 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships CourseMaintenance Tournaments & Leagues 59 09-07-2018 01:16 PM
2019 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships Darkgreen Tournaments & Leagues 25 12-13-2017 05:44 PM
2016 PDGA Amateur & Junior Disc Golf World Championships Players Pack Josiah Bennnett The Marketplace 10 07-21-2016 07:08 PM
2011 PDGA Pro World Disc Golf Championships: Monterey Bay, California JHern Tournaments & Leagues 479 08-15-2011 05:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.