Old 12-25-2019, 08:03 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 896 Times in 744 Posts

Skip the disc off pavement or in a paved parking lot, as the rules state a disc must be broken in by use. Well you are using the disc. I saw in Dave F's last Infinite Video that he used to break in discs throwing and skipping the discs off pavement/paved parking lot t wear the discs in quick. I tend to do the if you have a practice basket go up very close to the basket and just slam the disc in the chains over and over till the disc is beat in, if close enough you can toss but not let go of the disc into the chains and rotate said disc to have even wear. I do this basket method with my longer putter as I want a straighter version of puting putter for longer putts at 25-26 feet to 37-40 feet.

Now to make disc plastic less stiff the main two ways are setting on dark pavement in summer or hot car method in summer those are the best way and least likely to have a ruined disc. The other is boiling water on the disc to get disc to change but sometimes it can ruin a disc finish like with a Pro/X type disc or a softer run of Star/ESP type plastic if you go too hot with the water.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Casey 1988; 12-25-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,695 Times in 952 Posts

Breaking in a disc is not that hard. . .but to have it stay in that perfect spot, thats the hard thing

You spend all that time to break the disc in to that perfect spot, and soon after that it becomes TO broken in and you have to start over again

Niced: (1)
Old 12-26-2019, 05:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 413
Niced 303 Times in 159 Posts

Well first off I wouldn't trust a guy wearing a Godzilla screen printed, tight T. Who also rocks a red mohawk. Barefoot no less. Maybe that's just me. I also don't get my news from Facebook either so what the hell do I know.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 413
Niced 303 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I walk around my house with that disc in my hand and throw it at the floor over and over until it starts flying the way I want.

As far as legal, prove I did that.
Watch what you say Jay. Ol' saint goodell is ALWAYS watching.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 298
Niced 81 Times in 39 Posts

first off, F the pdga. Do whatever you want to the disc to break it in. As someone else said, prove it. With new discs, I rub them on the teepad to scuff them up a bit, then throw them into the ground a bunch. I know people that throw them into their carpet for hours, run them over with their cars, etc.
Old 12-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 288 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Well first off I wouldn't trust a guy wearing a Godzilla screen printed, tight T. Who also rocks a red mohawk. Barefoot no less. Maybe that's just me. I also don't get my news from Facebook either so what the hell do I know.
But his shirt matches his hair, which matches his blanket thingy, which matches the Canadian flag! How could you not trust someone like that?

:-P

Old 12-26-2019, 03:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,716 Times in 750 Posts

I've tried lots of different "fast artificial" beat in methods, what I found that works best is just to play the disc.

I go to my local pitch and putt with a few putters and the disc (or discs) I want to beat in and I just throw them on every hole. Skip shots, spike hyzers, drive them into a tree, forehand rollers and some times I just walk along and kep spiking it into the ground.

Get to learn the disc, beat it in and maybe even learn a new trick shot.

Old 12-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 896 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Breaking in a disc is not that hard. . .but to have it stay in that perfect spot, thats the hard thing

You spend all that time to break the disc in to that perfect spot, and soon after that it becomes TO broken in and you have to start over again
Yep this happens more with base plastic and the lower durability plastics then anything. Your Champion/Z plastics tend to stay at a spot for a good while like 2-3 years before changing and Star/ESP plastics tend to stay at the spot for 2 maybe 3 years in the wear in spot.