Old 01-09-2020, 12:26 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 26 Times in 10 Posts
Default The Disc Lab

Anyone here affiliated with this site? https://thedisclab.com/

Looks like it was launched last year with a lot of great information, analysis, and tools providing some objective data for us nerds out here. Ran into this on a reddit thread and ended up spending a lot of my work day yesterday playing around in here.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2020, 01:41 PM

Niced 12 Times in 8 Posts

Definitely have spent a fair amount of time playing around with it too. I am grateful for any attempt to turn flight #s into real measurable things. It does have a couple quirks though. It doesn't handle understable discs very well on the flight paths. For instance, none of the four paths for the Avenger SS show it going longer than 250 feet. I imagine the model is assuming they're all just going to turn and burn into the ground before then. And for some reason the Beast has a higher distance rating than Terns, Shrykes, and most anything else I could find. I hope they keep refining it, because I love the similarity scores between discs and trying to standardize numbers.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:33 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 26 Times in 10 Posts

Yes, it is really cool to see. I was comparing mids and noticed their MD3 model had it seem to lift higher than other mids causing it to hyzer out earlier. The destroyer model is also considerably more understable than the wraith. It would be really nice if they can add things where you can pick between different PLH scans, plastics, or domey vs flat versions and add things in like a seasoning factor.