Old 08-26-2018, 09:36 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 683 Times in 348 Posts
Default Extracurricular games during dubs rounds

I have been running a dubs league for over two years. We average about 25-40 golfers depending on the time of the year. I normally run an ace pool and have been running a birdie pool too (I'm sick of the birdie pool). I am not a fan of ctp's since the majority of our other weeklies run those. Are there another fun games 'on the side' i could run that I'm unaware of? I would prefer something that did not accumulate $ week after week.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2018, 09:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,613 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
I have been running a dubs league for over two years. We average about 25-40 golfers depending on the time of the year. I normally run an ace pool and have been running a birdie pool too (I'm sick of the birdie pool). I am not a fan of ctp's since the majority of our other weeklies run those. Are there another fun games 'on the side' i could run that I'm unaware of? I would prefer something that did not accumulate $ week after week.
You could do skins. It might be a few minutes work at the end of the night though... If there are no skins, you could just give that pot to the overall winners for the night.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
You could do skins. It might be a few minutes work at the end of the night though... If there are no skins, you could just give that pot to the overall winners for the night.
Hmmm... Maybe i could have an elimination challenge...
Randomly pick holes, one at a time after the round.... If you bird, Your team stays in until there is only 1 team left. Does that sound like it could work?
'Bill's birds'
Old 08-26-2018, 09:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,613 Times in 2,430 Posts

Maybe. Though you would have to draw numbers "out of a hat" so people would think its fair.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Maybe. Though you would have to draw numbers "out of a hat" so people would think its fair.
I have always used random.org with a couple witnesses for drawing the birdie holes. My rep is decent.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-27-2018, 09:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.7
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,873 Times in 808 Posts

We had a cool side game this season for three of our local leagues, all run by the same club, on different nights. Throughout the 15 week league season, 15 cool, numbered, bottle opener tokens were offered as CTP's. 5 tokens per league, one offered every three weeks. Tokens were gathered and drawn, bingo ball style for some impressive prizes. Top prize was a 500 dollar gift cert for a local disc shop, second prize was some nice Tiger tickets. Everyone present at the tournament that the drawing was done, won some kind of disc/shirt combo. 5 buck entry to the "special" CTP.

I thought it was a great promo to increase league play and try to do something a bit different. It obviously took a little hustle to round up a couple cool prizes.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-27-2018, 11:27 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 22
Niced 28 Times in 21 Posts

My old bowling team would run a poker game during the rounds. Draw a card (or 2 depending on skill level) for every strike and at the end of the game the best poker hand won the pot. I don't know if it would translate well to a full league of golfers though.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 129
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 946 Times in 417 Posts

If you want more fun for all of the players, it's always more work for you.
Big props to anyone who puts in that time.

If you want more fun for your and your card, propose a $1/each CTP amongst just your group. Can be on any hole. Players just need to opt in (or out) before any of the tee shots are thrown on that hole.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 129
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 946 Times in 417 Posts

Another fun thing to do:
$1/each CTP after the round. Typically done when people are waiting around anyway, tallying scores, etc.
Again, opt in or out before any disc gets thrown.
If you wanted, you could offer a disc (or any other prize) instead of charging folks to throw.
Extra fun to have a CTP to just throw at, outside of any golf implications that it might have for your round score.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 558 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Another fun thing to do:
$1/each CTP after the round. Typically done when people are waiting around anyway, tallying scores, etc.
Again, opt in or out before any disc gets thrown.
If you wanted, you could offer a disc (or any other prize) instead of charging folks to throw.
Extra fun to have a CTP to just throw at, outside of any golf implications that it might have for your round score.
I like the idea of stuff going on post round at dubs. Man, last time my team had a shot at winning and waiting around forever for things to wrap up.