#21  
Old 10-04-2019, 06:50 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,453
Niced 1,005 Times in 581 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
...
I believe the 'spat' between Paige P and Prodigy hurt Prodigy, no matter who was 'right';
.....
I don't think it did at all. This is the first I have ever heard of this spat. I think you may be projecting a bit.

I know big PP fans that stayed with Prodigy when she left.

The last couple years there was a market loss here in East Tennessee, but I think that had more to do with MVP and Discraft moving in. Trilogy is the big loser here.

This summer I am seeing more players picking Prodigy back up. Will is back in promoter role hardcore and Chris Dickerson has crushed everyone who challenges him on local courses.

Will and Chris make me want to like Prodigy.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-04-2019, 06:53 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,214
Niced 926 Times in 505 Posts
Default

^^Dickerson seems like a cool cat. Helluva player too.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-05-2019, 12:40 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,069
Niced 2,146 Times in 1,580 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I don't think it did at all. This is the first I have ever heard of this spat. I think you may be projecting a bit.

I know big PP fans that stayed with Prodigy when she left.
I'm not 'projecting' anything, just stating an opinion based upon what I observed at the time. The PP/Prodigy split was very acrimonious, and well known and documented. It may or may not have contributed to Prodigy's issues, but I mentioned it as a possible factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The last couple years there was a market loss here in East Tennessee, but I think that had more to do with MVP and Discraft moving in. Trilogy is the big loser here.

This summer I am seeing more players picking Prodigy back up. Will is back in promoter role hardcore and Chris Dickerson has crushed everyone who challenges him on local courses.

Will and Chris make me want to like Prodigy.
Will's injury and time away from the game may have contributed to that market loss in Tennessee, and I agree that him returning in a promoter role may help Prodigy a lot. And your comment about Will and Chris reaffirm my assertion that Prodigy needs to promote its pros (a lot) more.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-05-2019, 12:59 PM
lines's Avatar
lines lines is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Asheville NC
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 846
Niced 572 Times in 305 Posts
Default

About 3 years ago, two locals were sponsored by Prodigy and did what new sponsored players do... They unloaded their 'other' brands on non-sponsored players. I bought a bunch of Rocs, Tbirds and Jokeris cheap. I still throw Rocs and Tbirds.

I have never tossed a Prodigy.

Thanks Prodigy for getting Rocs and Tbirds in my hands.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #25  
Old 10-07-2019, 01:31 PM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,477
Niced 511 Times in 328 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
About 3 years ago, two locals were sponsored by Prodigy and did what new sponsored players do... They unloaded their 'other' brands on non-sponsored players. I bought a bunch of Rocs, Tbirds and Jokeris cheap. I still throw Rocs and Tbirds.

I have never tossed a Prodigy.

Thanks Prodigy for getting Rocs and Tbirds in my hands.
Imagine having the opportunity to buy a cycle of Rocs and Teebirds for cheap... that's awesome.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let the Rampant Speculation Begin... Streets Discs 171 09-13-2019 10:40 PM
1x Ricky sig mold speculation Snaques Discs 88 10-19-2016 03:17 PM
Speculation on Adidas Discslinger12 General Disc Golf Chat 57 02-11-2016 11:49 AM
McBeth's next signature disc speculation. bogeyfreetilinfinity Discs 472 10-14-2015 11:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.