Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 12-07-2018, 08:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.1
Courses Played: 131
Niced 173 Times in 89 Posts
Default Multiple Bags of Discs... different MFGs

I know I'm not the only disc golfer that's tried hundreds of different molds, buying and selling hundreds of discs. I currently have 13 different bags of discs that I can grab and go play a round. Complete bags. I have two full Vibram bags I use to play in wet weather. I like my Trilogy bags in the winter and I play with Innova in the summer. I also have three mixed bags for practice rounds. I know this is crazy excessive, but I like all of the discs I own at the moment. I have severely cut cut down on purchasing discs in the last two years, but a couple of decades of purchasing and selling have left me with a lot of throwers.

My question is... "Am I the only one that doesn't have a main bag on this forum?"
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-07-2018, 08:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 758 Times in 522 Posts

I want to be you.

I have enough for it, but haven't organized it that way other than an MVP bag.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 642 Times in 506 Posts

I have the discs to do this, but not the bags. I often rotate discs in and out of my bag for a round or two to try them out on the course. Before I decide whether I really like a disc or not I have to determine how it works in the field and on the course.

I like the concept though. I like being able to throw numerous different companies' molds consistently.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,186 Times in 1,025 Posts

I've got a small Vibram bag and a MVP/Axiom bag. I could easily make a Trilogy, Innova/DM/Millennium, and Discraft/DGA bag but I'm running out of bags. One of my bags is currently a tool bag for the course I'm installing. I always go to my mixed bag for competition though b/c there are too many molds across companies I consider integral to my game.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:33 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,910 Times in 1,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
I know I'm not the only disc golfer that's tried hundreds of different molds, buying and selling hundreds of discs. I currently have 13 different bags of discs that I can grab and go play a round. Complete bags. I have two full Vibram bags I use to play in wet weather. I like my Trilogy bags in the winter and I play with Innova in the summer. I also have three mixed bags for practice rounds. I know this is crazy excessive, but I like all of the discs I own at the moment. I have severely cut cut down on purchasing discs in the last two years, but a couple of decades of purchasing and selling have left me with a lot of throwers.

My question is... "Am I the only one that doesn't have a main bag on this forum?"
I have a main bag, but I can put together a variety of complete bags based upon certain criteria. I have an All-Axiom/MVP bag. I can put together an all-Champion-plastic bag, an all-DX bag, an all-Trilogy bag, etc. In October, I have an all-pink bag, and can have an all-orange bag for Hallowe'en.

I do have a physical bag that has discs for a very short, very technical (all woods) course near where I live. Oderwise, I use the main Crunchbox to carry whatever I put together.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 187
Niced 1,471 Times in 860 Posts

ive been recently thinking about the idea that all discs fly and having a core lineup is fine (volts and ions) and the rest are funzies just grab whatever loose discs are laying around in my trunk for the round and have some fun

Niced: (1)
Old 12-07-2018, 10:39 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 292 Times in 167 Posts

I bought the $40 Innova single strap bag that holds ~18 discs when I started. Filled it with Innova/Discmania because that's what the guy that got me started playing was throwing, as well as the most popular/available in the area. Been wanting a backpack bag for a couple years now, so my wife bought me a Commander last year for my birthday. You guessed it- I filled that sucker with Trilogy(mostly DD) plastic. Then I went and bought a Trooper because I couldn't help myself, and filled it with Discraft. Always wanted to try other plastics. Might have gone overboard...
Old 12-07-2018, 10:40 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 931 Times in 615 Posts

I have a Trillogy, Innova and close on MVP.

Had a Salient bag at one point, and close on a Discraft and tons or random discs from many brands.

I only actually own two backpacks and a Nutsac, so they aren’t all ready to go especially since my main one is mixed.

It’s really easy to get carried away.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

I do it for for fun. But if I'm gonna play a course for reals and want to give my best I have go to Disc bag that has proven to work well for my style and comforatability. But I have alternate fun bags, like an MVP bag and a Vibram bag too.

Old 12-08-2018, 01:32 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 12 Times in 1 Post

My main bag is mostly Innova with a few discs from other brands that go in and out. I also have an all RDG/Faction bag and an all Legacy Bag. I guess I need more bags to put all these other discs in.