Old 02-10-2019, 10:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 391 Times in 242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I have Big Z and Ti Roaches, they don't want to beat in much and they aren't flippy off the shelf.
I've got a few Big Z Roaches & they remind me a lot of Buzzzes in stability. Premium Roaches aren't finesse discs at all. I need to power into them to get that flip to flat.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2019, 10:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 260 Times in 163 Posts

I hyzerflip an Electron (base plastic) Envy. I had previously bagged Colts and for a short while a Magic, but beating in an Electron Envy to complement my main throwing Neutron Soft Envy has been good for my game. The only negative is that I no longer have a *super* flippy putter that I'm comfortable with, so I've lost comfort with that max turnover putter line. But I can't honestly say that line is necessary very often for me.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 80
Niced 182 Times in 84 Posts

I’m in the “beat up a stable mold” camp. I trust a beat-in Wizard much more than anything I’ve tried that would flip out of the box.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-10-2019, 11:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 30
Niced 165 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
What you are describing is mid level plastic. The plastics are baseline, mid level, and Premium. Some discs plastics are between levels like XT are between baseline and mid level as is G Star between mid level and premium.
Sure grip is the cheapest plastic that Gateway sells, so I suppose it is by definition “baseline.” However I was specifically addressing “non-premium” plastic, which in the last few years seems to have developed a stigma. Most of it is marketing, and people buying into what companies are saying to convince you to buy the more expensive plastic, even though the less costly stuff performs better for the task at hand.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 688 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Then try the Pro D Roach if you do not like the Soft X plastic.
Ummm no, I putt with pro D and like throwing the JB.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,151 Times in 1,399 Posts

I know you said hyzer flip, but also said for straight shots. The Anode is my go to. You have to get used to the curved inner rim with your grip, but it's SO straight. I really believe in the gyro effect on this thing, it just wants to go straight with a solid feeling stability. You can give it a few degrees hyzer or anny by accident and it doesn't matter, it just pushes straight with a slight tilt to the wing. You have to really accent the hyzer/anny angle to get it to sweep, but if you do it will hold that line.

Eventually one of my Anodes became a good turnover thrower, but that took years as well as a surprise gouge...another one in my bag that has the same amount of use is still straight. Both have an ace on them. Plus I can pair with an Ion for almost the same feel in hand, same distance, but more HSS and LSS like a fresh Wizard. The Ion will hold and add to hyzer angles, whereas the Anode wants to push forward.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:21 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 545 Times in 464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
Sure grip is the cheapest plastic that Gateway sells, so I suppose it is by definition “baseline.” However I was specifically addressing “non-premium” plastic, which in the last few years seems to have developed a stigma. Most of it is marketing, and people buying into what companies are saying to convince you to buy the more expensive plastic, even though the less costly stuff performs better for the task at hand.
Well Yeah but for some plastics like DX or Pro D have changed so they are not stiff like they once were but I use a baseline disc, the Dragon and it is a good but odd R-DX plastic. However it is so often that the next up plastic is only a few dollars more and lasts so much longer, one good wack with most newer softer baseline compared to the older stiff stuff and the disc has a gouge in the baseline plastic however less breaking in the winter with the new versions of the same plastic.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:26 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 490 Times in 281 Posts

RPM Discs Platinum TUI. . i have tryed SO many moulds for this type of shot. . TUI beats them all

. . .but EVO MAGIC and LUCID GLOW DEPUTY is good, , but the TUI is better

Old 02-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 768 Times in 528 Posts

Personally I like the soft Swan 2. It flips up turns a bit and then does a thing that is fadelike in nature but very half hearted. Ends up pretty much straight on a hyzerflip for me every time.

Also whoever said the U2 a bit ago, great suggestion as well around 160 is what you want.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:24 AM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

I'll suggest the Roach as well. I have them in Titanium and JB. I use the Ti when I'm throwing harder and the JB as more of a pure approach and outside the circle putts.