Old 12-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 71 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
Wait. I thought disc golf WAS a religion. Have I been acting too sappy and over the top for nothing?
I for one worship plastic.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 12-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 22
Niced 769 Times in 413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Everything about those brands is cultish.
Yeah. I used to throw quite a bit of Trilogy when I started, but the longer I'm around and the more I see of these videos and the characters I see around me who are Trilogy fans, the more it gives me the Heebie-geebies.

I hate cults, just as much as I hate the fanboys who recruit for those cults.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 71 Times in 40 Posts

I dislike when players talk about a company's discs with authority immediately after signing. I'm sure they have tested the discs out, but they are still very much figuring out the line/offerings. Big Jerm's first Innova in-the-bag has little connection with his bag now, but that didn't keep him from raving about discs he barely knew and that left his bag 43 days later. But, they are signed to sell and boast about discs, so that's what they do.

DD is cultish in that everyone very much stays on "brand" often at the expense of their own personalities. Can come across as creepy.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 360 Times in 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Anyone else find the Zoe-Dustin video to be a little over the top sappy? They sounded brain washed, on too much punch in a new religious cult.

Got nothing against either one of them and yeah, they're disc golfers not actors, but it did seem rather creepy.

The looks on Zoe's and Dustin's faces look like hope and dreams to me. This may be because they are young people who just became gainfully employed, and know that their prospects in life just improved. The looks on their faces are mirrored in the looks of countless other earnest young (or older) people who likewise intend to do the best for their employers that they are able, and be worth their paychecks. I expect that there are many members of these forums who might remember feeling just the same thing at some time in their lives, and who want the same for their children and grandchildren.

I'll take looks of hope and dreams on young peoples faces over the cynical criticisms of those who thoughtlessly denigrate them any day.

Good for you Zoe and Dustin! You make me proud.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 22
Niced 769 Times in 413 Posts

Oh boy. . . .
Old 12-02-2017, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 42
Niced 1,281 Times in 610 Posts

Team Trilogy?^
Old 12-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 49
Niced 167 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Team Dilogy/Duology?^
FTFY
Old 12-02-2017, 08:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 42
Niced 1,281 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjberry2017 View Post
FTFY
Lolz, they are all basically the same company.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 180
Niced 160 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Everything about those brands is cultish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Yeah. I used to throw quite a bit of Trilogy when I started, but the longer I'm around and the more I see of these videos and the characters I see around me who are Trilogy fans, the more it gives me the Heebie-geebies.

I hate cults, just as much as I hate the fanboys who recruit for those cults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
I dislike when players talk about a company's discs with authority immediately after signing. I'm sure they have tested the discs out, but they are still very much figuring out the line/offerings. Big Jerm's first Innova in-the-bag has little connection with his bag now, but that didn't keep him from raving about discs he barely knew and that left his bag 43 days later. But, they are signed to sell and boast about discs, so that's what they do.

DD is cultish in that everyone very much stays on "brand" often at the expense of their own personalities. Can come across as creepy.

I am so sorry guys. How about a fresh, ice cold cup of Kool-Aid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
The looks on Zoe's and Dustin's faces look like hope and dreams to me. This may be because they are young people who just became gainfully employed, and know that their prospects in life just improved. The looks on their faces are mirrored in the looks of countless other earnest young (or older) people who likewise intend to do the best for their employers that they are able, and be worth their paychecks. I expect that there are many members of these forums who might remember feeling just the same thing at some time in their lives, and who want the same for their children and grandchildren.

I'll take looks of hope and dreams on young peoples faces over the cynical criticisms of those who thoughtlessly denigrate them any day.

Good for you Zoe and Dustin! You make me proud.
Knowing what I know, Id bet a lot that them getting into lots of schools is very appealing to what DD does.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 806 Times in 495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
I am so sorry guys. How about a fresh, ice cold cup of Kool-Aid?

Knowing what I know, Id bet a lot that them getting into lots of schools is very appealing to what DD does.
I'm gonna have to agree. Have you guys never been exposed to a real cult? The Moonies were around my university when I was a student, and I've seen plenty more. The new prosperity gospel, God made me rich, is more of a cult than these guys.

I'm always amazed at how we want to label the company we don't play as... evil. Go ahead, say it [bwahaha] evil [bwahaha].

See, I'm stuck, I play Innova, Millennium, Tri, Prodiscus and Discraft. I guess that means I have very few evil options. I've always thought DiscMania was evil, I mean, mania means, well you know. I know, they're really Innova, but have you heard about their evil experiments? They mix different molds. It's so... Frankenstein. And then there's Grip bags. Like the evil hand gripping your throat. Bwahaha.