Old 09-26-2019, 08:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,983 Times in 470 Posts

Jomez puts the spoiler tags or there because it suits THEIR consumers. My life is LIVE and I don't care about spoilers. They didn't seem to have a problem spoiling another event this year they were not at with a social media post before final day coverage was out.

Sorry, you are the minority. It is on you to find another way to deal.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-26-2019, 09:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 286
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 87 Posts

I believe Jomez is filming the DGPT Championship in Charlotte. I read a lot of comments connecting USDGC to Charlotte. Sorry, while people volunteer on their own accord, the Charlotte Disc Golf Club has nothing to do with the USDGC. They are their own people and do their own stuff.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.5
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,730 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
Talk about it all you want, just don't post a huge poster of the winner in my damn news feed the moment the results are out!
Millennials........LOL!!

Niced: (1)
Old 09-26-2019, 09:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 960 Times in 526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
My life is LIVE
Well aren't you special?

Yeah, it's on us to avoid spoilers and that's pretty much impossible so I simply don't watch nearly as much current DG video as I used to, probably 18 or so holes per main event. Especially if I already know McBeth has won the current event.

I'm generally working during the week when they play and doing other shixt on the weekends so I have zero interest in live coverage.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:24 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,208 Times in 1,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I do get rather annoyed during the Olympics when they spoil things on the ticker on ESPN/FoxSports before the tape delayed broadcast on NBC. Though that isn't as much of a problem now that you can watch all of it live online or one of the several channels that now do Olympics coverage.

I still get spoiled at least once or twice though and its always something I was really interested in watching.
Competing networks deliberately spoil Olympic results and always have, so what ESPN is doing to NBC is not surprising at all. Lowbrow and classless, but that's what the Sports Media is, of course.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-27-2019, 12:18 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 39 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
Talk about it all you want, just don't post a huge poster of the winner in my damn news feed the moment the results are out!
Help a fuddy duddy out here. Isn't that what a news feed is designed to do? A source that you willingly chose to receive news from is force feeding it to you so you don't have to actually go search for it later at a time of your choosing. Unfollow / unfriend / unsubscribe / whatever sources are spoiling it for you. Or, you know, go back to the old-fashioned way of using the Google or typing in the website of the source that likely has the info you are looking for when you are ready to receive it.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 977 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
No ****. Why not ask them if they think they should get a cut of any discs the TD might sell during the day? Or if they should get a cut of lunch sales from the club member running a grill.
If you don't see the difference between ^^^ and what I'm discussing, then you don't have a clue and I suggest researching things like "ppv points" when it comes to sporting events.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,983 Times in 470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
If you don't see the difference between ^^^ and what I'm discussing, then you don't have a clue and I suggest researching things like "ppv points" when it comes to sporting events.
Points are usually given to a one on one fight. The players should never directly see any PPV money. If anything it should go to the td and they decide where it goes.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,165 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Maybe you should go research praxoligy. You might learn a thing or two. Sounds like you hold to the labor theory of value; which is not logically sound. Even if it was, the most labor intensive work is by the TD and those behind the scene, not the players.

If you want the pros to get paid more, by all means, send your own money. Be the city on the hill, not a rube with a bullhorn.

As Bill said, "Be excellent to each other!"

Old 09-27-2019, 02:33 AM
Par Member

Niced 73 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttlikeablowfly View Post
Help a fuddy duddy out here. Isn't that what a news feed is designed to do? A source that you willingly chose to receive news from is force feeding it to you so you don't have to actually go search for it later at a time of your choosing. Unfollow / unfriend / unsubscribe / whatever sources are spoiling it for you. Or, you know, go back to the old-fashioned way of using the Google or typing in the website of the source that likely has the info you are looking for when you are ready to receive it.
Well this is the thing. I want to follow these guys for some things, but the spoilers kind of kill it for me... I mean, if you REALLY don't want me to watch your video, then sure, put up a spoiler. OR they could be like... THIS WAS THE MOST EXCITING ROUND EVER, CLICK HERE TO WATCH!
I'll likely unfollow pages that post spoilers, which unfortunately means I won't be following many DG media pages anymore. I'm not going to watch their videos if they keep telling me what happens before I can watch it. That's just me.