Old 11-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 17 Times in 8 Posts

Played in my first monthly today and had a blast. Didn't shoot well at all -- +25 and +19 in rounds 1 and 2, respectively -- but I had fun, and that's what counts. Met a lot of great people who I'm sure will not only improve my game but increase my appreciation of it in the process. All in all a win-win scenario.

Can't believe it took me this long to get into this sport....
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 04:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 1277
Niced 137 Times in 83 Posts

I ran a tourney this weekend, I didn't get a chance to throw much, a lot of watching people play and cooking meals- I did play in the glow rounds, not very well, not quite in the right state of mind. This morning before folks took off 7 of us played a round on the red layout and I killed it, posted a course record/personal best and my first time breaking 20 with a 19, -8 on 9 holes.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 39
Niced 8 Times in 8 Posts

Got my arse kicked at Harmon Hills & loved every minute of it
Old 11-10-2013, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 16
Niced 121 Times in 85 Posts

meh. putting is getting really difficult for me as it gets colder, but my driving is still decent. didn't throw too well, but had shining moments.

deuced hole 11 at acorn park; first time doing that. great drive with the P-PD and then a 30 foot putt. only 2 holes there i haven't deuced now - 9 and 18, and neither of those are EVER going to happen. if i only i could get all of those in one round sometime . . . i suppose 9 might happen as i gain more distance, but 475 is a looooooong way to get within putting range. maybe a lucky upshot.

Last edited by Kodachrome; 11-10-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fair to partly cloudy.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Banned

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
meh. putting is getting really difficult for me as it gets colder, but my driving is still decent. didn't throw too well, but had shining moments.

deuced hole 11 at acorn park; first time doing that. great drive with the P-PD and then a 30 foot putt. only 2 holes there i haven't deuced now - 9 and 18, and neither of those are EVER going to happen. if i only i could get all of those in one round sometime . . . i suppose 9 might happen as i gain more distance, but 475 is a looooooong way to get within putting range. maybe a lucky upshot.
Dang man. 475ft and it's still a Par 3? That is one tough hole.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:39 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 398
Niced 17 Times in 12 Posts

Introduced a couple of guys to a cool little pseudo-technical 9 hole course they'd never played before and then went and played the new "back 9" at my home course (9 baskets, 18 looks).

We poured the tee pads last weekend and have been chomping at the bit to play them over and over and over and over and over...

Shot well all around.

Had to go see my wife's play in town this afternoon, but after that did some field work at the local football field until the sun went down. Finally feel like my drives are really coming around. Hit 300+ with my D3 and D4 and got REALLY close with my Champ Viking.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:00 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 344
Niced 254 Times in 142 Posts

-1 and -3 at the local nine today. Got home and did some yard work, and after that realized how big of a bitch Winter Park is (from yesterday). My legs are absolutely dead. The Winter Park site says 15000 ft of walking each loop...which means I put in almost 6 miles up and down that damn ski hill. I've got a feeling I'm going to be dragging myself around tomorrow!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 83
Niced 17 Times in 8 Posts

Played 36 at Castle Hayne today to try and off-set the crappy round I had on Saturday during my first tournament. First 18 I shot 13 over and led my foursome.....which is really good for me. Next round I posted three snowmen for a +21 and came in dead last. Might have had something to do with the frustration I felt with the couple of d-bags in front of us playing slow who wouldn't let us play through, but in the final analysis it was my crappy aim that made me the bottom card.

But, like Annie said, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow...."

I'll be back.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Banned

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemmers View Post
Played 36 at Castle Hayne today to try and off-set the crappy round I had on Saturday during my first tournament. First 18 I shot 13 over and led my foursome.....which is really good for me. Next round I posted three snowmen for a +21 and came in dead last. Might have had something to do with the frustration I felt with the couple of d-bags in front of us playing slow who wouldn't let us play through, but in the final analysis it was my crappy aim that made me the bottom card.

But, like Annie said, "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow...."

I'll be back.
Once you get some years under your belt the people in front of you won't be a bother.

Just play some patty cake or pull some cards out until they go on. I prefer to play War.
Closed Thread