Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 103
Niced 76 Times in 46 Posts
Default Indy Lake #16 Terra Forming

Just want to show off something that I am working on right now. I haven't seen this before in disc golf (not saying it hasn't been done) and it came about through some unique circumstances.

What is going on is basically we are sculpting land features on top of a previously flat fairway. How the heck did we get the park to do this for us? Well, through another non-disc golf construction project in the park, they needed a place to dump a lot (like, a lot) of dirt. Instead of just raising the whole area by a few feet we pushed for them to deposit and move it in a nice, sculpted way. Here is the picture we gave them initially: (The blue markers are where the long and short teepads are now. Initially I was thinking the basket location would be just to the right of where the "20 ft" text is at. )

After going out today to look at the land, it has really been coming along nicely. There is about 15 ft. added elevation at the highest point, and they are planning on still adding more. We will have many opportunities for a cool basket placement once this is complete. Flip City is definitely a design inspiration, so the basket will most likely be on a steep side slope.

Here it is today (and the pic doesn't really do it justice):

So I'll keep posting updates of the hole here. It probably won't be playable for 6-8 months at best.. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 21 Times in 12 Posts

Miami Whitewater, just outside of Cincy did something similar to this. Built up mounds line the fairways of the holes that are mostly in the open. Looks pretty cool, almost feels like a bolf course.

Good luck, can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 148
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dillon Park has same...

Dr James A. Dillon Park in Noblesville, IN has some shaped hills on the back 9 that were created by using dirt removed from dry swales on the course. With the use of tall grasses and some trees, they work very nicely to add to the course. Good luck with your project!

Old 05-17-2012, 12:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 40
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

My favorite course is always getting better
Appreciate your work!