Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
Default 2010 USWDGC

I know it isn't a big deal to most people here but it is to us and next week we are taking a 400+ mile drive for Christy to play in her first major. She is playing REC this year and this will be the last time playing REC but we both felt that it would be better to stay in REC this one last time, especially for a major.

Next years event will be in TX so we won't be going so next years goal is winning the Southern Nationals which should be fun because there aren't any SN events here so we will have to travel to qualify but with the finals being in New Orleans, how can we resist?

Entry list:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9684

Right now she just has a card of women to compete against but I am pretty sure there will be sign ups coming in for more REC chicks. I know Sarah Stanhope plans on coming for Open and Courtney has told me she wants to come too but has to arrange someone to watch the wee ones.

I will be caddying for Christy all weekend and look forward to it (except all the pack muling). We have a cabin rented and it sounds like a lot of the other women are staying at the same camp ground so it should be a pretty cool scene.

Either way...even if I end up typing to myself I plan on updating this thread on a daily basis...the campground supposedly has wi-fi so we will see...if you don't hear from me that is why...but we got over a week to go...getting antsy!!

We have a bunch of back up discs packed up and will finalize her bag soon, luckily she has from this friday until wed. off so she can get some practice in and her putting practice has picked up considerably (she whooped me yesterday).
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Oh also, we have plenty of friends to cheer for:

From this site:

U_NICED_ME in INT

The Patrick's wife in ADV
Old 09-15-2010, 09:33 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 828
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 31 Times in 19 Posts

Good luck ladies! Thanks for keeping us updated bill.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 565
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Good luck Christy! (And Bill too for carrying the bag and moral support).
DSCJNKY
Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

I just hope I don't hurt more than help. I am pretty hard on her when she doesn't play at her level...it just drives me nuts that I know she can shoot 800+ rated rounds and can't seem to put it together for a tourney. I am going to do my best to remain positive as we are super empathetic and feed off of negativity in a bad way.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 81
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Good luck to all the ladies...I'd love to see more women involved in this sport.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

We are working on it.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 27
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks Bill! I can't wait but I still can't believe it's actually next weekend. Should be a great time though! Staying positive is going to help Christy's weekend a lot!!!

I made it over yesterday to play the courses and I was amazed at how easy they were. Maybe it was the 50 mph wind and 70 mph gusts that made my rounds at the Coastal Plains difficult, or could it be that I've improved??? Could it be because of this site????

Richlands was a straight up birdie train, I shot a 48. Granted the OB's weren't up, but I tried to play the course as if they were. I actually almost had an Ace with my new River disc (which I love by the way) hit the (R) side of the basket on a RHBH. Just a couple inches higher and I'd have been in. I did have a four though on Hole 10, I don't see any way I could play it any differently. Also, the 'enormous mounds' that the baskets sit on top of, weren't so gigantic looking yesterday. Amazing how your perspective can change with experience.

I wasn't able to play all of Jacksonville b/c they were installing new electrical poles down the fairway of 11 and 12. But they are long and in the open. It is not hard to hold par 3's there except for the 1001 ft #13. I don't see any way around a 5 for me....I was laying 4 about 60-80 ft short of the basket. As long as you know where the pin placement is (which can get confusing), everyone should do fine there. Navigation is a bit difficult to me at that course, too bad there's not a map on line.

I ran into one of the guys that will be helping out, he thinks it's possible they will taper down the OB's at Richlands for the tourney. But, if you land in the rough, it is not pleasant in there. I'd rather they be OB's and be able to pull out.

This is going to be a great time though! Two of the girls that were supposed to be staying with us had to pull out, but I was worried about the bathroom situation to begin with, so maybe it's for the best. I can't wait for you and Christy to meet some of my NC friends!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 27
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

AND, I also want to say there are so many guys in the area who have said they want to make it down for the event. I think part of why there are so many girls playing in our area is b/c the guys are just so darn supportive!!!!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Awesome round...a 48...I need to play courses like that, I have never been in the 40s...oh wait I did throw a 49 at a temporary course!!

I am getting so excited, did you see the post about the players pack? It is like cashing before you even play!!

2 discs, 2 shirts, 2 minis, a towel, 2 burts bees chap stick and more.

Awesome!