Old 09-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 119 Times in 49 Posts

I utilise google earth to zoom in on areas I havent been able to reach yet, see if any features stand out.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 55
Niced 13 Times in 5 Posts

Wildcat Bluff has added QR codes to the new teesigns so you can scan them and see drone videos of the hole. Not sure what other courses have this option.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 218 Times in 122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
I've seen this before but I thought it was pretty much pointless and going overboard. Plus, do people actually have their phones out like that on every hole?....sounds like a chore more than anything. Just post the drone footage on a website.....the sign itself should be telling you what you need to know
I don't think I would do this at the tee but I would definitely check out drone footage of a course I was heading to for a tournament if I hadn’t played it yet or to see if it was worth going on a road trip to. The addition of a QR code to a tee sign is pretty easy though for those that might use it.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 40.4
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 178 Times in 96 Posts

Late to the party, but agree w/ the consensus.
Designers generally do not 'relate' to the course's land via drone footage, but customers often do...I believe this is because drone footage can obscure the human scale of a golf course, as well as critical details, like prevailing winds or the perceptions of depth, for example...

As to islands in golf and the utter ridiculousness of what's already out there:

#17 at TPC Sawgrass is a pretty famous island green...think they've hosted some majors there...

Then there's: http://www.golfcda.com/the-floating-green/

read about what this island can do, then imagine what they're doing in Dubai...

Trump also built a huge waterfall near a green at his course in Los Angeles...just a taste of reality for the overly hopeful...some disc golfer really needs to get close to Elon Musk...

Old 12-11-2019, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,128 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonDwindle View Post
Late to the party, but agree w/ the consensus.
Designers generally do not 'relate' to the course's land via drone footage, but customers often do...I believe this is because drone footage can obscure the human scale of a golf course, as well as critical details, like prevailing winds or the perceptions of depth, for example...

As to islands in golf and the utter ridiculousness of what's already out there:

#17 at TPC Sawgrass is a pretty famous island green...think they've hosted some majors there...

Then there's: http://www.golfcda.com/the-floating-green/

read about what this island can do, then imagine what they're doing in Dubai...

Trump also built a huge waterfall near a green at his course in Los Angeles...just a taste of reality for the overly hopeful...some disc golfer really needs to get close to Elon Musk...
finally found a ball golf course i would play

looks awesome and beautiful