Old 10-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 421 Times in 257 Posts
Default Ogden and the greater Northern Utah area

I just accepted a job offer in the Ogden area, and am starting to really scope out the disc golf courses nearby. Will likely live somewhere in either southern Weber County or northern Davis County. I'm finding that there are quite a few courses listed on uDisc that are not catalogued here on DGCR. Some examples:

Schneiter’s Bluff – West Point
Break Time 9 – Layton
Windsor’s Farms Park – West Haven
Ridgeline – Millville
Cache County Fairgrounds – Logan. DGCR 5/6/18 update says all baskets have been pulled, but uDisc says it's active.

So what's the deal with these courses? Does Northern Utah have a bunch of temp courses mapped in Udisc, or are these just some under the radar spots?

On a related note, are the various mountain courses (Nordic Valley, Snowbasin, Wolf Creek, and North Fork Environmental) only open seasonly?

Thanks in advance. As a lifelong flatlander, I'm excited to be moving to the beautiful mountains of Northern Utah!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-23-2019, 11:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 912 Times in 354 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

I don't know about the courses but my trips there a few years back showed me what an amazing part of the country that is. I'd never seen so many mountain ranges before.
Enjoy and good luck!
Old 10-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 67 Times in 34 Posts

I visited a friend in Eden, UT a few years back and it was beautiful. Took a swim in the OTHER great lake and did a bunch of hiking. The night sky in that area is awesome - they are specifically light pollution conscious. I wasn't into disc golf at the time so I didn't think to check out the courses.

As to the courses not listed, I know a few of them around me are private courses and want people to contact them before they show up. I'm not certain if that is relevant here or not.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 808 Times in 365 Posts

Infinite Discs is located nearby. I bet some folks there would be happy to tell you which courses are available to play.

Snowbasin is definitely seasonal, and I'd assume the same is true of any course at higher altitudes in that region.

Definitely a lot of courses in that area, especially going south into SLC and Provo. Spent a few days playing disc there last summer and I feel like I barely scratched the surface!