Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 161
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,576 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Does it feel and look like one? I would assume yes
Feels and looks with some subtle differences:

pre flight number opaque Champ Banshee on the left, QEXP-X on the right.

Notice the EXP-X has more of the Eagle X beak on the nose and a little wider nose too. Both are fairly flat, just a rise of shoulder before the flatness. The EXP-X actually has a mini bead of flashing on the bottom of the nose which makes it look more X-moldish.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:13 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 139
Niced 1,073 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I keep wanting to call it the MXPX
I've just started calling it an EXP 1 again. :shrugssmiley:
Old 06-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Verified Jurkface

Loving this so far. It's like my flat Champ Banshee is still in my bag and in a color I can actually find against brown leaves. I guess in Millennium terms it reminds me of a slower, less glidey QOLF. It's stout but not stupidly beefy which is what I love about Banshees.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-20-2018, 09:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,151 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Loving this so far. It's like my flat Champ Banshee is still in my bag and in a color I can actually find against brown leaves. I guess in Millennium terms it reminds me of a slower, less glidey QOLF. It's stout but not stupidly beefy which is what I love about Banshees.
Well, still loving it and did it make the bag?

Just got one in the mail yesterday, going to take it out today and put it up against a new Champ Eagle-X, G* Firebird and a Couple of Banshees.

If I could just get a Champ Banshee that didn't have a plussed out rim, I wouldn't have to go through this nonsense!
Old 09-20-2018, 12:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 938 Times in 620 Posts

now that i see this thread it reminds me i have a ce exp uno somewhere
Old 09-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Verified Jurkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Well, still loving it and did it make the bag?

Just got one in the mail yesterday, going to take it out today and put it up against a new Champ Eagle-X, G* Firebird and a Couple of Banshees.

If I could just get a Champ Banshee that didn't have a plussed out rim, I wouldn't have to go through this nonsense!
Yes, it is bagged and shall remain that way at least until Winter b/c my Banshee is the same color as autumn leaves. It's saved me a lot of strokes via get out of jail thumbers and FH rollers. I haven't thrown it for conventional shots much except for the occasional flex flick b/c I have a glass clear pink Champ Eagle X that is a mini FB and I've been opting for it for a lot of wind and spike hyzers, etc, to see if it will break in some. But the EXP-X has been an excellent utility disc so far.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:57 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

I have a couple old 1.6 and 1.7 runs in the bag along with a first run EXP-X in Quantum/Luster. The newer run is the most overstable in my bag. I sanded down the flashing underneath because it messed with my grip on sidearms.

I emailed Innova and Millennium about the mold after the Nick Hyde Memorial release came out with the Eagle-L rim. A rep from Innova insisted that the original mold had the L mold rim which I know is not true. Except the Sirius and Nick Hyde runs. Now they act like the X rim is something new. New only because it is now offered in Quantum.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:21 PM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB53641 View Post
I have a couple old 1.6 and 1.7 runs in the bag along with a first run EXP-X in Quantum/Luster. The newer run is the most overstable in my bag. I sanded down the flashing underneath because it messed with my grip on sidearms.

I emailed Innova and Millennium about the mold after the Nick Hyde Memorial release came out with the Eagle-L rim. A rep from Innova insisted that the original mold had the L mold rim which I know is not true. Except the Sirius and Nick Hyde runs. Now they act like the X rim is something new. New only because it is now offered in Quantum.
I emailed Innova about that, the guy that responded said the EXP-1 used the Eagle L wing. I responded that the Eagle L wing was designed when CE came out around 2001-ish, and the EXP-1 had already been in production for 2 1/2 years by then. So how exactly did the EL wing get on a disc before it existed? I never got a reply. Innova just forgot how to make the disc. I've gone back to calling these EXP 1's, because that's what they are.

Niced: (2)

Old 09-21-2018, 11:32 PM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Yes, it is bagged and shall remain that way at least until Winter b/c my Banshee is the same color as autumn leaves. It's saved me a lot of strokes via get out of jail thumbers and FH rollers. I haven't thrown it for conventional shots much except for the occasional flex flick b/c I have a glass clear pink Champ Eagle X that is a mini FB and I've been opting for it for a lot of wind and spike hyzers, etc, to see if it will break in some. But the EXP-X has been an excellent utility disc so far.
Really if you already liked Banshees but can't find a good one, these are a no-brainer.

I'm stupid and throwing a Champ Viper on conventional hyzers where I should be throwing the EXP 1 to prove it. The Champ Viper isn't anywhere near the utility forehand/tommy/FH roller trick shot disc the EXP 1 is, though. I threw a grenade with the EXP 1 the other day, can't remember the last time I threw a grenade. I just came up on a pin with a bunch of little trees in front of it and thought "Grenade?" It went up and down and stuck like it should have. It's a very fun disc to have in the bag.