Old 10-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Niced 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default Aviarx3

Did not see a thread on this disc yet, though I did see it was being discussed on the new Innova stuff thread. Just got my pre-release prototype in today and took it out for some practice throws. So far I am a really big fan. I was surprised to see how much of a puddle-top mine had when it came in. Feels great both forehand and backhand. Definitely a lot more stable than my Star aviar3 and a touch more stable than the new P3X. Maybe not quite as stable as my zones but it is pretty close. I was really happy with how clean it comes out of the hand sidearm. Also had times with a pretty big headwind today and it did not phase it at all.

Has anyone else gotten the chance to throw this yet? Would be interested to hear your thoughts. I think this is a disc that is going to be really well received.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2017, 05:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Niced 306 Times in 241 Posts

Word, its a new trend. these thinner throwing putters. They are really useful, like speed 4 discs.

I am going to guess it will be Innova's Envy. Which is a good move by them. Aviar 3 is sweet, 3x is just a good idea. interested to see this when its out.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 124 Times in 79 Posts

I'm looking forward to trying out the AviarX3. Your review is promising. I really want an "Innova Zone". Hopefully this mold makes sure I never throw a Pig again. I hope they all come out puddle topped or at least board flat. Star plastic is nice but they should release it in other plastic types. They should have just given this mold a completely new name.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:30 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,087 Times in 867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I am going to guess it will be Innova's Envy.
I must have the least overstable Envy in the history of Disc Golf, because my Neutron Envy just is not "all that" overstable. My Envy is comparable to my Star Stud, perhaps with a bit less glide than the Stud. My Envy is not as overstable as any of my Harps or my ESP Zone. The Envy is a good disc and I'm not trying to disparage it, and this isn't aimed at ThomasOrion specifically. But my experience with it is not one of overstability...
(/soapbox)

Okay, back to regularly scheduled commenting: I'm glad to hear the AviarX3 is more overstable than the Aviar3. I'm looking forward to trying one if ever I can get my paws on one (at a non-ridiculous price).
Old 10-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 83
Niced 317 Times in 214 Posts

Sounds a lot like a Jokeri, which is one of the best throwing putters that's ever been made. I'll probably pass on this one like I do with most of the new Innova stuff these days. That slot is already pretty well filled for me between Harp, Zone, Suspect, Stego, Scale, Envy, Pa1, Jokeri, Berg and Stego. With the Envy being the least OS of the bunch.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Bogey Member

definitely way more stable than any envy I've ever thrown. I'd put it on the same playing field as esp zone maybe a tick less. I was not disappointed with the stability at all
Old 10-04-2017, 11:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 190 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygunz View Post
Did not see a thread on this disc yet, though I did see it was being discussed on the new Innova stuff thread. Just got my pre-release prototype in today and took it out for some practice throws. So far I am a really big fan. I was surprised to see how much of a puddle-top mine had when it came in. Feels great both forehand and backhand. Definitely a lot more stable than my Star aviar3 and a touch more stable than the new P3X. Maybe not quite as stable as my zones but it is pretty close. I was really happy with how clean it comes out of the hand sidearm. Also had times with a pretty big headwind today and it did not phase it at all.

Has anyone else gotten the chance to throw this yet? Would be interested to hear your thoughts. I think this is a disc that is going to be really well received.
Can we get a profile pic? I'm curious if this could make me change away from my Rhynos, especially if it gets both R-Pro and XT as options, seeing as Innova has failed to release XT Rhynos.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Bogey Member

Was trying to show edge and puddle top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-04-2017, 11:44 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Can we get a profile pic? I'm curious if this could make me change away from my Rhynos, especially if it gets both R-Pro and XT as options, seeing as Innova has failed to release XT Rhynos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 190 Times in 151 Posts

I was hoping for a bead but oh well. I'll have to wait until someone local gets their hands on one or I go to somewhere i can feel it up to see if I could putt with it. If not it may still be my FH approach disc as the bead on the Rhyno does mess with my timing.