Old 05-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 356 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well if anyone cares haha... I got my Boblov.. It's really solid for the price.. Rechargeable so no "rare" batteries.. Pin lock detector thing.. It's good! Only messed with it a bit but close enough for me and if something goes wrong I will poke on back and let you folks know.. But pretty happy with it of course it's still the honeymoon month.. The slope feature is useless..in that it works... but why? Haha it does get messed by twiggy brush you need a clear view at least a 2-3' hole to shoot through.
This one?
https://www.amazon.com/BOBLOV-Rangef...s%2C188&sr=1-7

I've considered buying it, since it seems like a decent deal. But I really want one that has a usable slope feature...why do you say the slope feature is worthless?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 627 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
This one?
https://www.amazon.com/BOBLOV-Rangef...s%2C188&sr=1-7

I've considered buying it, since it seems like a decent deal. But I really want one that has a usable slope feature...why do you say the slope feature is worthless?
This one ....

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07HNX...6MV123RG&psc=1

Yours looks better.. I think the slope is useless because a ball will roll up while a disc requires more effort. A disc also requires less to go downhill.

That being said I tried it again on a tree and the tree is at 59 yards if I tilt to a 35 degree (max) line it comes out as 76.. After 35 degrees it won't read.

Tried a pole at 99yds + or - 0.5yd
Lowest slope measurement 90 highest 102.5
Power pole is approx 30 ft tall and I shot from approx 6' above the base of it.

If I was throwing at the bottom- then mid maybe a putter. Top of pole is a driver for sure

I don't even feel like it got "level" correct with the slope.. But maybe there's a factor there such as calculating an average roll for a ball..

Niced: (1)
Old 05-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 23
Niced 356 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
This one ....

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07HNX...6MV123RG&psc=1

Yours looks better.. I think the slope is useless because a ball will roll up while a disc requires more effort. A disc also requires less to go downhill.

That being said I tried it again on a tree and the tree is at 59 yards if I tilt to a 35 degree (max) line it comes out as 76.. After 35 degrees it won't read.

Tried a pole at 99yds + or - 0.5yd
Lowest slope measurement 90 highest 102.5
Power pole is approx 30 ft tall and I shot from approx 6' above the base of it.

If I was throwing at the bottom- then mid maybe a putter. Top of pole is a driver for sure

I don't even feel like it got "level" correct with the slope.. But maybe there's a factor there such as calculating an average roll for a ball..
Gotcha. So the slope calculation is in ball golf terms, and doesn't really convert well to the amount of additional effort required to propel a disc up a slope (or reduced effort for down a slope). That's disappointing, but it makes sense. I'll keep that in mind and probably end up buying a cheaper non-slope calculating rangefinder. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 627 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Gotcha. So the slope calculation is in ball golf terms, and doesn't really convert well to the amount of additional effort required to propel a disc up a slope (or reduced effort for down a slope). That's disappointing, but it makes sense. I'll keep that in mind and probably end up buying a cheaper non-slope calculating rangefinder. Thanks for the info.
No problem.. The flag lock feature is awesome though.. From the research I did if yours has fog and water resistance it's probably a good deal.. Boblov seemed like the best of the cheaper ones especially the BUILT IN battery!!!

Old 05-21-2019, 10:53 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 15
Niced 132 Times in 76 Posts

I use this one but I paid a lot less for it. I'd recommend it under 50 bucks even though I'm not a huge fan of the controls. It turns on too easily and I'm not sure if there is a way to turn it off without just letting it sit idle. But if you can get it cheap, it's not bad.