Old 07-30-2021, 09:09 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Greetings from Denver

Total beginner here! Baseball (many years ago!) and golf background. I have been throwing and playing for about one month, and am loving it so far. So far I've mainly stuck to throwing in parks, along with a few humbling rounds at Village Greens.

I feel like I've already improved a lot with putting, and I find it's the part of the round that's most enjoyable for me, for now (putting a basket in the playroom has helped!). However, I haven't really made any progress w/ my backhand(100-150 ft), and haven't even attempted a forehand yet, other than one or two that go straight into the ground

Initially I was ok with just randomly throwing backhands around the park for a few hours, hoping to have an "AH HA!" moment somewhere along the way. Which has been...ok, not great. For example, I've found I can throw backhand furthest and most accurately when I stand on my front leg only! But I couldn't even begin to tell you why.

After some soreness and tweaks to my body, it's probably time to learn how to do it the right way. I'm looking to establish a practice plan w/ drills that have structure and direction, instead of just wandering around from tip to tip without really understanding why the tip may or may not work.

It seems best to begin the journey here. From what I've seen in my limited time browsing, there is an abundance of great resources and good folks on this site!

Looking forward to having fun, getting better, and being a part of the community!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-30-2021, 10:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 161
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 937 Times in 353 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 07-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 129 Times in 93 Posts

That's awesome...enjoy the ride. The baseball and golf backgrounds will be useful, there's so much similarity in muscle group and concepts of bat swing and club swing. Hit me up if you have any Denver-specific questions, I'm in Littleton.

Old 08-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 55 Times in 16 Posts

Welcome to the site! This is a great resource to get lots of good information. Post lots in different channels with your questions. I am returning to disc golf after a hiatus. I live in Southeast Aurora and am starting to explore additional courses in the Denver area. If you want to go out and throw with an old dude who is throwing for fun hit me up.

Just remmber, beyond getting over the body aches, disc golf should be fun to play!

Keep hucking disc and live life to the fullest!

Flyguy46

Niced: (1)