Old 12-23-2020, 04:33 PM

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Yeah, moved out here early 2000s and been here since. Jimmy's is great, and loved Bookers all you can eat crab. Wasn't much of a Boogie person even when I lived in the same neighbourhood as it.

I think the one annoying thing about the snow here from a disc golf perspective is that the chalk on a disc method doesn't really work as the snow is generally too light ans dry. So the disc just buries hardly leaving a trace.

There's an official course in the edge of the city in the SW, and it tends not to be busy. So with some luck it may not be tracked out.

Of course I could just ribbon my discs up, but... I'm a little lazy heh.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-24-2020, 05:48 PM

Niced 49 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post

Well McReady brought this to my attention... isn't it nice premiere Horgan is a discer! We are probably still going to get the Green party in for our riding.
Lol, that's me in the red jacket! Didn't see this thread until now.

Also, the Woman right beside John Horgan holding the green disc is Josie Osborne, the new MLA for Mid Island-Pacific Rim and the new Minister for Municipal Affairs. It was her first time playing, but she's definitely aware her boss likes Disc Golf!

Niced: (2)
Old 12-27-2020, 05:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,548 Times in 1,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokebyt View Post
Lol, that's me in the red jacket! Didn't see this thread until now.

Also, the Woman right beside John Horgan holding the green disc is Josie Osborne, the new MLA for Mid Island-Pacific Rim and the new Minister for Municipal Affairs. It was her first time playing, but she's definitely aware her boss likes Disc Golf!
Haha hey red jacket guy!

Do you live up that way? What was the story on the round? Any guy that plays disc is extra alright in my book. Maybe some provincial funding for stuff?

Niced: (1)
Old 01-13-2021, 06:00 PM

Niced 49 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Haha hey red jacket guy!

Do you live up that way? What was the story on the round? Any guy that plays disc is extra alright in my book. Maybe some provincial funding for stuff?
I live in Port Alberni.

In the photo is Premier John Horgan, Minister Josie Osborne and the 6 others were all staff/volunteers on Josie's campaign. The woman taking the selfie used to work at the Legislature and was aware that the Premier played disc golf from this news story:

https://globalnews.ca/video/4434224/...reducing-hobby

The woman taking the selfie and the campaign manager knew the ins and outs of these media events so they pitched it to the Premier's staff. We didn't have high expectations of it happening. Then we got word that he was coming to Courtenay-Comox for a campaign stop and they found some time for Disc Golf.

We were sending them photos of Coal Creek and Lake Trail, but I guess Village Park worked better for the campaign schedule and bus parking. Premier Horgan only had time for 3 holes, but he seemed genuinely excited to play.

Hopefully there will some funding for courses. The crew in Port Alberni has got a lease for an 18 hole course on some city land that we've been clearing.

Edit: Might as well add a shameless plug. Twin City Brewing in Port Alberni has started selling discs with their logo. If you ever drive to Tofino it's literally one block out of the way as you're passing through Port.

https://order.twincitybrewing.ca/Dis...ova-p268195727

Niced: (2)

Last edited by prokebyt; 01-13-2021 at 06:04 PM. Reason: shameless plug
Old 02-21-2021, 08:55 PM
* Ace Member *

So what's happening out there this month? Pretty slow around these parts.. Lots of disc in the yard with the dog.

I discovered mvp 157g proton ohms at their proshop but I am dissuaded by their shipping. Damn us to canada. Rape Rape!

Oh well scored a 2015 Halloween envy off Canadian disc auctions FB so my need is quenched!

Old 02-26-2021, 01:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Looks like the Snap boys were raiding their closet.