Old 03-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTiger13 View Post
You may be onto something there. I do like throwing "Eagles" and "Thunderbirds" and "Wraiths." TL3 just doesn't have the same ring to it. But the disc is SUPER good. Straight with minimal fade at fairway speed and distance - a really unique combination.
Some of us who love/loved the TL have no problem with the name. But it is what it is...
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-03-2020, 06:40 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 71 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Some of us who love/loved the TL have no problem with the name. But it is what it is...
I don't have a problem with it. I just am admitting that to me there is something catchier about an "Eagle" vs. the "TL3". The DX stamp is killer though. My 6-year-old has a lightweight DX TL3 and that Teebird with the claws is awesome! I'd like to think he throws it as his main driver because he likes to throw the same molds as me but I think it's more because of the stamp

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2020, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 476 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
I love/loved the TL, EL, and TL3, but there are plenty more bird names out there. Maybe capitalize on smaller species, eg Sparrow, Finch, or my current favorite, the Sallow. A nickname might be nice for it.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:37 AM

Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts
Default *TL3

I had the pleasure of attending a clinic by Madison Walker and Calvin Heimburg a few weeks ago and my free disc choice ended up being a Star TL3 after Madison recommend it. Super happy that I did because I love this disc for the woods! She even mentioned it was going to be her tour series disc for 2020 (maybe it's out by now?).

Old 03-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 71 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Mars View Post
I had the pleasure of attending a clinic by Madison Walker and Calvin Heimburg a few weeks ago and my free disc choice ended up being a Star TL3 after Madison recommend it. Super happy that I did because I love this disc for the woods! She even mentioned it was going to be her tour series disc for 2020 (maybe it's out by now?).
Madison loves her bird discs - I'll be interested in seeing what she comes up with for the TL3.

Old 03-04-2020, 10:04 AM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
I love/loved the TL, EL, and TL3, but there are plenty more bird names out there. Maybe capitalize on smaller species, eg Sparrow, Finch, or my current favorite, the Sallow. A nickname might be nice for it.
For those who may not know, the TL was the Teebird-L, one of the "L" series of discs along with the Starfire-L (SL), Firebird-L (FL), Eagle-L, Beast-L, etc. So they called it the Teebird-L and TL to keep the "Teebird" association and hopefully generate sales.

If at that time they'd named it something else, then we'd have the 'Sparrow3' or something instead of the TL3. Alas, that's not what they did, so we've got the TL3... and as Shakespeare said, "A rose by any other name..." It's a great disc, no matter what we call it.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 476 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
For those who may not know, the TL was the Teebird-L, one of the "L" series of discs along with the Starfire-L (SL), Firebird-L (FL), Eagle-L, Beast-L, etc. So they called it the Teebird-L and TL to keep the "Teebird" association and hopefully generate sales.

If at that time they'd named it something else, then we'd have the 'Sparrow3' or something instead of the TL3. Alas, that's not what they did, so we've got the TL3... and as Shakespeare said, "A rose by any other name..." It's a great disc, no matter what we call it.
At least you didn’t try to say they had a Leopard bottom.

Niced: (3)
Old 03-04-2020, 10:19 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 160 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Mars View Post
Thats awesome I love the Walker Wraiths and been needing a cool TL3!

Old 03-05-2020, 07:11 AM

Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
Thats awesome I love the Walker Wraiths and been needing a cool TL3!
I don't throw Wraiths but I did have a couple of her Thunderbirds from the previous year which were awesome, so I'm hoping for maybe a swirly or splatter star plastic because she mentioned she hadn't decided which plastic at that time.

And if anyone ever has a chance to attend a clinic with her and Calvin, or even only one of them, it's very much worth it!

Old 03-28-2020, 02:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 65
Niced 759 Times in 361 Posts

TL3’s are the bees knees.

I carry a max weight Star and a seasoned max weight Gstar. The bookends are a 168 Champ Leopard and max weight glow Champ Teebird.

This disc is versatile enough for finesse shots but also excels on power shots. Since it was introduced to me, I have recommended it to many golfers who have experienced favorable results.