Old 04-27-2020, 04:42 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 21 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I'm switching back to the Warden for putting this year. I switched to Jk Aviars last year and they were alright. I used a Yeti Aviar all winter and it was alright. Now that it got warm it's like I forgot how to putt. Back to the Wardens. I have no clue why I stopped using them in the first place. Anyway, I've never thrown prime. Is that like dx? I use classic blend currently. Might pick one up to compare with the blend.
Prime has a more tacky feel than classic or blend, but still hard like classic. Kinda feels like jawbreaker, but less rubbery.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)

Last edited by aarontpx; 04-27-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:49 PM
Bogey Member

I prefer prime for all my DD putters.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 48.8
Courses Played: 60
Niced 401 Times in 221 Posts

Bought: nothing
Want: nothing other than a couple extra backups like a gstar Mamba and a couple pinnacle Cannons.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:54 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 71 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
I'm switching back to the Warden for putting this year. I switched to Jk Aviars last year and they were alright. I used a Yeti Aviar all winter and it was alright. Now that it got warm it's like I forgot how to putt. Back to the Wardens. I have no clue why I stopped using them in the first place. Anyway, I've never thrown prime. Is that like dx? I use classic blend currently. Might pick one up to compare with the blend.
I honestly haven't throw DX in like 2 years so. It is they're lowest cost plastic so, in that case yes. But the feel for me with prime is much like a more velvety type BTmedium plastic, I so i would say the classic blend except more tacky. I've got nearly all the plastics of Harp so, medium, which is classic blend in DD side.
Give it a shot, they only cost like 13 to 14 for the burst..even less for plain.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-27-2020, 06:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,646 Times in 783 Posts

I'll probably order a couple then, I don't have a place that sells DD anywhere near me so I've never felt them. As long as they don't feel like dx I should like them.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,585 Times in 792 Posts

I'm not as in to trying out a lot of new stuff. Sold all of my other putting putter molds off this winter, as a way to force myself to commit to sticking with the Steady.

That being said, I do love finding some nice versions of what I am throwing. Will probably pick up some tour series stuff. Missed getting CT JB Wasps and mini star stamped Comets, they all sold out too quick. Still searching for Matt Bell Pro Series Steadys too, someone out there bought them because I can't find them online anymore.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:56 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,198 Times in 991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
I'm definitely looking to procure backups. I'll probably wait til I can pick one out in person.
Same with a Star Valkyrie, I want a no dome/nearly no dome to get the flight I want, a Viking type flight but using a Valkyrie disc. My older one has 2-3 micro chip spots including the one it came with.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 280 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
A Halo Star Firebird and two Halo Star Sidewinders. The Sidewinders are trying to work their way into my bag.
I just got a Star Sidewinder recently and love it. Getting a Halo Sidewinder (USWDGC model) tomorrow (4/28). Have you thrown the Star Sidewinder? If so, how did it compare to the Halo? Did the Halo go further?

I really like the Sidewinder for forehands.....going to be interesting to see the Halo version in comparison - I've been thinking the heavier plastic on the rim (like MVP and Axiom discs) will give it more spin and further distance.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 41
Niced 842 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Prime is kind of like a tackier DX. Personally, I prefer Classic Blends as long as the temp is <80*ish, but in warmer weather I switch out Classic Blends for Primes. Logically you'd think I'd switch from Classic Blends to regular ol' Classics at that point, but Primes feel grippier to me while still being firm enough for warm weather. That's actually a big party of why I switched from Crowns to Judges, is that Crowns don't (or at least didn't at the time) come in Prime/Origio and I really am not a fan of Classic/BT Hard.

Niced: (1)

Old 04-27-2020, 09:26 PM
Bogey Member

Has DD released a Lucid-X Verdict before? If so I would like to get my hands on one of those puppies.