Old 06-24-2020, 03:51 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 259 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I don't understand the vitriol on here. He's a likable enough guy.
There is a book about the UNC-Duke rivalry in college basketball. It is told from a UNC fan's perspective, but it really applies in a sense universally across all fandoms. The title is "To Hate Like This Is To Be Happy Forever".

Hatred of some other players is the flip side of fandom for this or that player. Not necessarily my thing, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate Duke.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 691 Times in 328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastnav View Post
There is a book about the UNC-Duke rivalry in college basketball. It is told from a UNC fan's perspective, but it really applies in a sense universally across all fandoms. The title is "To Hate Like This Is To Be Happy Forever".

Hatred of some other players is the flip side of fandom for this or that player. Not necessarily my thing, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate Duke.
As a Duke Alum, GTHC!
-I'm self aware enough to admit that Duke is very, very easy to hate.

Back on the topic of the CCDG vids, Philo commentary on The Preserve championship was once again excellent. I can't remember a commentator being so universally loved except maybe Sexton.

Niced: (3)
Old 07-08-2020, 11:01 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 35 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
Back on the topic of the CCDG vids, Philo commentary on The Preserve championship was once again excellent. I can't remember a commentator being so universally loved except maybe Sexton.
Agreed! It was my first time hearing Philo, and he's a natural. I've watched more Jomez than CCDG in the past, so it was also a nice change hearing Ian naming the discs as they threw them, at least on a more consistent basis. It adds a lot to the spectating experience.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 30
Niced 691 Times in 328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
Agreed! It was my first time hearing Philo, and he's a natural. I've watched more Jomez than CCDG in the past, so it was also a nice change hearing Ian naming the discs as they threw them, at least on a more consistent basis. It adds a lot to the spectating experience.
Philo is very good communicator. His commentary was super informative. All his talk about wind swirling, disc angles, pressure in certain moments, and putting form were all great to listen to. You can tell that he's been around the pro game for a very long time.

Ian does a great job of taking a look into the pros' bags to see what they are throwing. Managing to actually remember, too, is pretty impressive.

CCDG excels at the little details. I love the speed gun, distance to pin and drive distance graphics, and the slow-mo's after each hole. It's like getting to do form study in the middle of the round. Keeping the videos closer to 30 min rather than the 45 that Jomez is doing right now is nice, too. I find myself skipping ahead a lot to get through the Jomez vids right now, but CCDG cuts out a lot of the stuff I'd be skipping anyway, so I can just sit back and watch.

Old 07-11-2020, 01:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,744 Times in 2,968 Posts

Quote:
Philo is very good communicator. His commentary was super informative. All his talk about wind swirling, disc angles, pressure in certain moments, and putting form were all great to listen to. You can tell that he's been around the pro game for a very long time.

Ian does a great job of taking a look into the pros' bags to see what they are throwing. Managing to actually remember, too, is pretty impressive.

CCDG excels at the little details. I love the speed gun, distance to pin and drive distance graphics, and the slow-mo's after each hole. It's like getting to do form study in the middle of the round. Keeping the videos closer to 30 min rather than the 45 that Jomez is doing right now is nice, too. I find myself skipping ahead a lot to get through the Jomez vids right now, but CCDG cuts out a lot of the stuff I'd be skipping anyway, so I can just sit back and watch.
He's got one of those little notebooks that hall monitors use to issue warnings...

Niced: (1)
Old 08-15-2020, 03:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,524 Times in 788 Posts

I really like Ian and Philo commentary from The Preserve and this first round of Ledgestone. Hope its all season.

Old 08-22-2020, 12:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 199
Niced 990 Times in 624 Posts

Good to see you guys out here at Pro PFDO 2020!

Niced: (3)
Old 08-23-2020, 10:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 199
Niced 990 Times in 624 Posts

2020 Professional Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open Driven by Innova

Round 1 Videos

Thanks CCDG!

Old 08-23-2020, 10:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,292 Times in 1,008 Posts

Good to see Brad Schick on CCDG.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 51
Niced 1,618 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:

Thanks so much! Really appreciate all the feedback! Funny enough I actually just hit them up on fb or text after the round for disc info 👍😀

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
He's got one of those little notebooks that hall monitors use to issue warnings...
😂😂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
How can Ian have zero activity on here for three months at this time?
Sorry! Truth be told foster parenting is kicking my ass lol. Forum trolling time is limited.