Old 07-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 121 Times in 74 Posts
Default Zero Masks, Zero Social Distancing...

Well very little at least...2020 Battle for Bedford: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5brdGbHrMsM

Neat course, but Mcbeth, Brodie, and Foundation should really know better
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2020, 05:43 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 182
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,062 Times in 460 Posts

Yea, unfortunately most people dont care

Old 07-28-2020, 05:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 280 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Yea, unfortunately most people dont care
and there is the truth....."most people"....not just disc golfers, but most "people". Pro disc golfers are no different than other people. Look around your community, how many people social distance and wear masks? There are states where masks are mandatory and yet there are still people that won't wear them. It would be nice to see them wear masks since they are appearing in a video....but, it's their choice - and did the state they played in make masks mandatory?

I get the frustration....I see it in my state of Arizona where masks are not mandatory. I don't wear my mask playing disc golf, but I do social distance. In the stores, I wear a mask. For disc golf, a mask restricts my breathing and fogs my glasses; so I opt to social distance as best as I can.

Disclaimer: I have ordered a different mask to try and see if that improves my breathing and reduces the fogging of my glasses.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:11 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 201 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
and there is the truth....."most people"....not just disc golfers, but most "people". Pro disc golfers are no different than other people. Look around your community, how many people social distance and wear masks? There are states where masks are mandatory and yet there are still people that won't wear them. It would be nice to see them wear masks since they are appearing in a video....but, it's their choice - and did the state they played in make masks mandatory?

I get the frustration....I see it in my state of Arizona where masks are not mandatory. I don't wear my mask playing disc golf, but I do social distance. In the stores, I wear a mask. For disc golf, a mask restricts my breathing and fogs my glasses; so I opt to social distance as best as I can.

Disclaimer: I have ordered a different mask to try and see if that improves my breathing and reduces the fogging of my glasses.
Bandana helps with the glasses

Niced: (1)
Old 07-28-2020, 06:15 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 86 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:

Just an FYI if a mask fits correctly it won't fog your glasses as your exhalation won't be escaping up, but going out the front / everywhere through the material the mask is made of.

You likely know this, just wanted to mention in case others are reading who didn't. I'm a fan of ones that have a metal nose piece that can be bent/formed around your nose to provide a better seal.

As for Paul, Brody and company....they haven't been social distancing for some time if you look at Foundation's youtube channel.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 213
Niced 632 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:

Go to 9:10

Niced: (3)
Old 07-28-2020, 06:57 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
Bandana helps with the glasses
I live in Arizona and found a neck gaiter that converts to a whole bunch of things...it provides UV protection and you can wet it and it will keep cool. So, as a bonus, in the summer, I'll be able to use it around my neck to keep cool......and keep from getting burnt.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:00 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWimp View Post
Just an FYI if a mask fits correctly it won't fog your glasses as your exhalation won't be escaping up, but going out the front / everywhere through the material the mask is made of.

You likely know this, just wanted to mention in case others are reading who didn't. I'm a fan of ones that have a metal nose piece that can be bent/formed around your nose to provide a better seal.

As for Paul, Brody and company....they haven't been social distancing for some time if you look at Foundation's youtube channel.
Mine has the metal nose piece that I can bend to fit better. The mask has tie strings instead of the around the ears things, so I tie the top tie and leave the bottom untied to breathe better, but my glasses still fog up - not as much...but still annoying.

The trouble is that the annoyance of sometimes fogging, makes it less likely I'll wear it. Which is why I'm looking for something better. More comfortable = more likely to use it.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:03 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
Go to 9:10
Nice, but my mask doesn't have the elastic that goes over the ears, it has four ties that you have to knot behind your head. It's an annoyance to have to tie/untie the mask over and over....so hopefully my next option will be more user-friendly.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:10 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 4
Niced 373 Times in 173 Posts

Wearing a mask and fogging up my sunglasses has helped me develop muscle memory to keep my head down and minimize griplock throws. No desire to pop up and look at your target when you can't see anything.

Niced: (2)