Old 10-03-2020, 03:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,265 Times in 1,000 Posts

Unless I recognize the name on the disc, I leave it for somebody else to deal with.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (4)
Old 10-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,283 Times in 637 Posts

"Hey ____, um hehe I found your disc. I'm Jessica usually I dot the "i" with a heart. Come get your disc big boy

Should work, and piss them off?

Niced: (2)
Old 10-03-2020, 04:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 335
Niced 636 Times in 308 Posts

the OP was far too generous. i get it with rare, expensive discs but it's still not worth it.

i would never drive to someone's house unless they said they were going to give me something in return. i have put discs in the mail before, usually with a few bucks tossed my way via paypal or something.

however, i don't keep other people's discs unless they tell me too. if i send a message and it never gets returned, i'll give away the disc. ditto, if they offer to meet up and then flake. if they tell me they would like it back but need time to get a day off or whatever to meet up then i will stick it in a box indefinitely until we can meet. i like to give people a chance because life happens and time can be a scarce commodity.

i might keep a disc if they offer it up AND it happens to be something that i bag. that's happened once, i think

Niced: (1)
Old 10-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 591
Niced 216 Times in 107 Posts

I don't return discs anymore either. Instead, I leave it on top of the basket for the next person to find and go through the hassle of returning the disc. Too many dgers want you to drive across town and jump through hurdles to return it to them. I don't have and am not willing to make time for that.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 17
Niced 281 Times in 142 Posts

Adopted a policy of offering my lost discs. I've only been contacted about one, which was a nicely seasoned Champ Leopard, and the person was very glad to accept it (this is how I knew they had thrown it, heh). I have also started just leaving discs where I find them, unless it's a disc I haven't thrown and want to throw it. Then it ends up back in the vicinity of where it was found, provided I can accurately throw it back there after throwing it on the next hole or whatever. Also, only having one disc offered back to me in my year of playing is what led me to stop marking my discs.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,968 Times in 858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
I don't return discs anymore either. Instead, I leave it on top of the basket for the next person to find and go through the hassle of returning the disc. Too many dgers want you to drive across town and jump through hurdles to return it to them. I don't have and am not willing to make time for that.
This is what I do now, (Unless I know the person).

We have a local facebook disc golf lost and found, I used to even post the discs with no name. Such as; found a Nova on hole 4, describe it and I'll get it back to you. Then the only comments you get are; it's plastic, it's round, that disc sucks. F&*K it!

So now, If there is no name, it goes in the trunk and I usually give them to newer players. If it has a name, I just leave it on top of a basket and let someone else deal with it.

None of my discs have my name and number, if I lose them, they're gone. Too much headache for a $6 to $14 piece of plastic.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,437 Times in 714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ormal View Post

When's the last time you found a 20+ year old CE Valk or $60 huklab stamped CB2? It's not that hard to understand that sometimes certain discs stand out in importance amungst the hordes of lost DX Leopards and other starter pack trash discs.
FFS.
Don't want to lose expensive, impossible to replace plastic? Don't throw it then. I treat those discs the same as the dx leopards. I've adopted the "text and hide" method, regardless of the value of the disc.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-03-2020, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,523 Times in 965 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

I have throw away discs. I would like to not lose them, I never try to lose them but if there's a higher percent it'll get lost that's what I throw. I put one of those in the water last weekend.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:05 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 332
Niced 4,737 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I would never, ever drive out of my way to return someone's disc that they wouldn't spend the time to look for. If it's your favorite disc and you looked for 20 minutes, you should've looked for 25.
You have no idea how much time they spent looking for the disc or with the situation was when they lost it. I for one am very thankful for every disc I get back.

That said, I make a conscious effort to make it as easy/convenient as possible once someone contacts me. The finder has already done me favor by contacting me. They shouldn't have to do a 2nd favor.

But yeah, I get the OP's point: some people just don't seem to appreciate the effort.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,663 Times in 797 Posts

You're right. They should've looked for 30 minutes then. It's a damn disc, I'm not bending over backwards for it. Buy a new one.