Old 10-07-2020, 02:08 PM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
Sapphire
Seconded. I'm of the same era as OP, and I transitioned from a Jade to a Sapphire, expecting a slightly faster but similar disc. That's not what the Sapphire is. For me I'd rate it as a 10, 6, -.5, 1.5. If I really crank on it (or if there's some headwind), I can get a bit of turn, but generally I'm throwing it straight for distance with a bit of fade. It's my primary driver right now and I'm loving it. The Sapphire thread is a good source of info on this one.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2020, 02:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,289 Times in 1,008 Posts

If you aren't getting a Teebird out to 350', keep working on your form.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-07-2020, 04:09 PM

Niced 11 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyGah View Post
A new big Z heat
I bought 2 and left one alone. I’m turning the new one over as well. I did think of that however, an easy one to overlook - thanks
Old 10-07-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
If you aren't getting a Teebird out to 350', keep working on your form.
Ok that definitely makes me want to get the tee bird. I can just barely crack 335-350 last time I did field work.

I’m definitely not of the opinion that I don’t need form work I’m much more of the student of life always trying to get better perspective.

It’s a funny game form wise guys who look like they are not making effort out throw those who are straining / appear to be overpowering.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
Okay so I'm going to try to be as constructive as I can here....

You're getting more efficient pulls and increasing your efficiency with power. That doesn't mean you can't throw "flippy" discs, you just need to adjust your form. They will teach you more than just finding more torque resistant discs...

That said. I DEFINITELY can't help but give some suggestions to grow into...

I'm a BIG understable fairway fan... I've also tried most of the popular options...
Current Fave - Discmania Essence (from the Evolution line). The glide on this disc is for REAL. Gives a true turn, but enough stability to finish flat or gently left.

For Distance... Get something slightly more stable than you might need, and start cycling. I recommend a Star Wraith. It will likely be a little more overstable at first than you're looking for, but it will last a LONG time in it's sweet spot once you season it a little and get used to the feel.
That, or something a little more approachable for lower arm speeds, pick up a thrasher.

Something in between the two... Glow Shryke.
Great advice... thanks man
Old 10-07-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusbomb View Post
How far are you throwing that Heat? Not your best throw ever, but what's your consistent, reliable distance?

Also, if your Heat has seen a lot of wear, I agree with the suggestion of a fresh, max weight Heat.
About 300 consistent

Old 10-07-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusbomb View Post
How far are you throwing that Heat? Not your best throw ever, but what's your consistent, reliable distance?

Also, if your Heat has seen a lot of wear, I agree with the suggestion of a fresh, max weight Heat.
About 300 consistent, my goal is 400-450... I’m 48 and not used to thinking about age but I guess it’s a factor now. Anyhow distance is just one part of the game but I really enjoy trying to push that part and understand the physics, my form etc. It’s just really cool part of an awesome sport