Old 10-05-2020, 11:38 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 127 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Shift is incredibly comfy. I like the storage of a bigger bag for tournaments, or multiple tee shot practice rounds, but for just a one round day you can't beat the shift.
Gonna hang on to the b series for tournaments. With backups you usually have more time with it off. I am testing a 17 disc layout on as many courses as I can before I buy. No problems so far. Do you have the shift? Any other considerations to be aware of?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-06-2020, 10:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 485 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by konza_kid View Post
Gonna hang on to the b series for tournaments. With backups you usually have more time with it off. I am testing a 17 disc layout on as many courses as I can before I buy. No problems so far. Do you have the shift? Any other considerations to be aware of?
I have Shift. I will say it doesn't stand up quite as well as a big bag, so you have to be just a little more cognizant of where you're setting it down. This obviously varies based on how many and where you have the discs in the bag as well as water. It basically won't tip over with a full nalgene in the drink holder.

It's probably like 1/3rd the weight of my Voodoo Spinal Tap. I can probably fit 16-18 discs in it? Obviously drivers take up the least space and I carry a lot of putters so that is a factor. It's one of the most comfortable bags I've ever used.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-06-2020, 02:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 65
Niced 759 Times in 361 Posts

I’ll echo tx’s sentiment on the shift. If you set it on a steep hill and it tips, its rolling and tumbling downhill. I think the full nalgene helps it build momentum. That said, I love the bag. Far and away the most comfortable I’ve owned. I haven’t tried a pound bag. My other bag is a BX.

Old 10-07-2020, 03:55 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
Ill echo txs sentiment on the shift. If you set it on a steep hill and it tips, its rolling and tumbling downhill. I think the full nalgene helps it build momentum. That said, I love the bag. Far and away the most comfortable Ive owned. I havent tried a pound bag. My other bag is a BX.
I don't know which grip I have, it is a b-series, it doesn't have the side pockets that expand. Think the shift might have to be my next bag. Haven't noticed that I'm missing any shots with the current load out. How many can you usually fit in there?
Old 10-08-2020, 01:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 65
Niced 759 Times in 361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by konza_kid View Post
I don't know which grip I have, it is a b-series, it doesn't have the side pockets that expand. Think the shift might have to be my next bag. Haven't noticed that I'm missing any shots with the current load out. How many can you usually fit in there?
I usually carry 18 in the shift. 3 distance, 4 hybrid, 3 fairway, 4 mid and 4 putters.
I could carry less. 16 discs carried with a cycle of backups is my ideal.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Par Member

The recent bag, got rid of the roc3, I have been tracking my shots in a spreadsheet, and that was just over 1% of my throws, not worth carrying every round. Started messing with the leopard again and it is working wonderful right now. The run I picked up seems to actually be understable, it is like a faster comet. Also am trying out the raptor, so far it is exactly what I was looking for, basically I needed something in-between a thunderbird and a firebird. Seems to be just what was needed.

Putters:
2x yeti
1x esp zone
4x banger (d, 3 esp)

mids:
3x comet (2 esp, 1 z)

Fairways:
1x star leopard
2x star teebird
1x z raptor

drivers:
3x star destroyer

utility: (these aren't always in the bag, mainly on bigger open courses.)
1x star roadrunner
1x esp machete