Old 10-12-2020, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,968 Times in 858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Or. Maybe somebody just sees past all the hype and sees it for what it is. Just another piece of plastic. If it had never been released till this year, would it garner the love that it has? Not remotely. It's not THAT special. Sorry to burst your bubble fellas.

Admittedly- a lot of my distaste comes not from the disc itself, but other circumstances. It is a fine mid, one that I could bag of I needed to. But, special? Apparently not to me.
Nope, it's not that special, but it's a disc that fits me really well. If they made KC pro Comets, I'd throw them instead, but they don't (I don't like premium plastic mids).

I help a lot of newer players and my advise to them is always the same as with putters, feel them up and pick what feels best. I used to throw the Buzzz, the Roc just works better for me, why fix what isn't broken?

Throw what you want, I could care less. At the same time, if you see me throw a Roc, don't assume I'm an elitist snob. I also throw a Stingray!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Par Member

Niced 94 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Or. Maybe somebody just sees past all the hype and sees it for what it is. Just another piece of plastic. If it had never been released till this year, would it garner the love that it has? Not remotely. It's not THAT special. Sorry to burst your bubble fellas.

Admittedly- a lot of my distaste comes not from the disc itself, but other circumstances. It is a fine mid, one that I could bag of I needed to. But, special? Apparently not to me.
It might be time to let it go....
Old 10-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 182
Niced 1,062 Times in 460 Posts

Quote:
Surprised this thread made it so far without much huffing and puffing. Dedicated roc throwers are the most insufferably opinionated disc golfers I've met. You know, the roc is the ONLY midrange to throw. And certain shots can only be made by this one particular run of impossible to find, stupidly expensive rocs that are simply THE choice. Blah blah blah.

I applaud the OP for going a different direction, for whatever the reasons. Lots of companies make a plethora of fantastic discs that can cover any shot.
You must know some ignorant roc throwers then. Any knowledgeable disc golfer will know that no disc is that unique.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 211 Times in 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
You must know some ignorant roc throwers then. Any knowledgeable disc golfer will know that no disc is that unique.
100%
Except the Comet... Muahaha
Old 10-12-2020, 04:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 36
Niced 476 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
I’m not sure where the line of delineation is for “that” unique, because of course every disc is inherently unique. Some people just have to root for the underdog, create needless brand alliances, or simply play it too cool over things. Honestly it’s fine with me, it keeps the prices of my favorite runs down.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 182
Niced 1,062 Times in 460 Posts

Yea, Ive been a life long roc thrower and its my favorite disc but Id be an idiot if I told you that the roc is the only disc that can hit certain lines.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-12-2020, 06:44 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,200 Times in 993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
I’m not sure where the line of delineation is for “that” unique, because of course every disc is inherently unique. Some people just have to root for the underdog, create needless brand alliances, or simply play it too cool over things. Honestly it’s fine with me, it keeps the prices of my favorite runs down.
What the person was ranting about was the fact that some players who did not ever play when the 10X KC ROC, some CE version was out etc, or were given/traded one of those disc by an older player, they swear by that disc and have to track it down saying it is the only version I use. I on the other hand never did like the Variant of a mold and use a mold going OOP thanks to the Lion and Avitar. I did get 2 backup discs in F2.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-12-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:09 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 220
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,625 Times in 847 Posts

Quote:
Yea, Ive been a life long roc thrower and its my favorite disc but Id be an idiot if I told you that the roc is the only disc that can hit certain lines.
He's just trolling.