Old 10-19-2020, 03:50 PM

Courses Played: 13
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just received a Neutron Wave, Neutron Proxy, Cosmic Electron Proxy, and an electron Volt.

I love my eclipse volt but I wanted an electron volt to beat into something a bit less stable to sit between the volt and the super understable heat that I bag.

I bought the proxies to take over driving duty from my ions but currently i am liking them a lot more than the ion so the ion is completely out of the bag at the moment.

The wave was the biggest surprise. Almost always lands straight in front of me after a nice S-flight. It is just so smooth...
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-19-2020, 09:53 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,211 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Been looking for slower fairway drivers these days for more finesse. Undertakers and Anax’s are booming too far, and powering up on mids can still leave me short on a few holes.

Looking forward to working the XL into the bag.
Those look like they are the good XL.

The Good ESP was made before the ESP went flex for the Ace race disc and after 2008 when ESP came back. ESP was gone for only ESP FLX in 2008 and when ESP came back in 2009 ESP it was not as OS or as durable as the old version. My Impact discs all 7 backup are either the FLX style ESP the way the Ace Race disc came out as 2 are for backup are or they are like the old ESP before the swirl that was not durable to what ESP or as OS to what should be. The Plastic was just a Stiffer run of X at the time. I hear new ESP is not as durable as the rather old ESP but, is Nearly as OS as the old ESP made before the 2007 ace race disc.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:56 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,211 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Been looking for slower fairway drivers these days for more finesse. Undertakers and Anaxs are booming too far, and powering up on mids can still leave me short on a few holes.

Looking forward to working the XL into the bag.
If those do not work, the Stalker is another great mold to try.

Undertaker and Anax are basically Control drivers at 9 speed.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:04 AM

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Recently purchased 5 overstable mids to fill the gap between my flippy DD verdict and definitely not flippy DD justice. Heres what I got (all about 170g) throwing backhand into the wind.

Prodigy M1. Challenging grip. Flippy and holds the line way longer than expected.
Millennium Sentinel MF. A little floaty but holds line pretty well. Nice big fade.
Axiom Pyro. Goes far. Bites a little and fades late.
Discmania MD5. So little glide and range. Like throwing a brick. Might be useful if too much wind for my Zone. Makes a cool sound.
Discraft Malta. WTF? Turned right every time. I though it was meant to have positive HST? Hooked up and went far.

In the end, I could get the Malta to perform with hyzer but I can do that with any midrange. Why does it have these numbers? I am not a big arm (drivers can go 350 at a push) but am I just over powering or over torquing these supposedly over stable mid ranges?
Old 10-22-2020, 07:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 4
Niced 384 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash435 View Post
Recently purchased 5 overstable mids to fill the gap between my flippy DD verdict and definitely not flippy DD justice. Heres what I got (all about 170g) throwing backhand into the wind.

Prodigy M1. Challenging grip. Flippy and holds the line way longer than expected.
Millennium Sentinel MF. A little floaty but holds line pretty well. Nice big fade.
Axiom Pyro. Goes far. Bites a little and fades late.
Discmania MD5. So little glide and range. Like throwing a brick. Might be useful if too much wind for my Zone. Makes a cool sound.
Discraft Malta. WTF? Turned right every time. I though it was meant to have positive HST? Hooked up and went far.

In the end, I could get the Malta to perform with hyzer but I can do that with any midrange. Why does it have these numbers? I am not a big arm (drivers can go 350 at a push) but am I just over powering or over torquing these supposedly over stable mid ranges?
Virtually every comment on infinite for the malta talks about it being not as overstable as anticipated.

I couldn't dream of turning the one I threw(I'm more of a 300' guy with a Heat or a Beast), but it flew more like a nice stable brand new DX Roc than a Wasp or a Buzzz OS.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:50 AM
Par Member

Niced 77 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
Virtually every comment on infinite for the malta talks about it being not as overstable as anticipated.

I couldn't dream of turning the one I threw(I'm more of a 300' guy with a Heat or a Beast), but it flew more like a nice stable brand new DX Roc than a Wasp or a Buzzz OS.
I find the malta to be exactly the same way. Flies more like my fresh Z wasp than it does a Buzzz OS.

I have noticed though that the smaller diameter Malta is more comfortable for FH than my Wasp. So for the time being I'm carrying both.

I can make the wasp work FH, and BH the malta flies the same. So I should probably pare down the bag by 1 disc. But I'm stubborn.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 88
Niced 505 Times in 268 Posts

Glo Z Comet for night rounds, one of the only slots that was missing in my glow bag. Feels great but unfortunately, it is the absolute weakest glow disc Ive ever seen. I may still have to attach glow tape its so weak.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17D3A8C1-8087-4FDC-9E10-001B7BF06BDE.jpg (129.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-22-2020, 08:22 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 365 Times in 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
Glo Z Comet for night rounds, one of the only slots that was missing in my glow bag. Feels great but unfortunately, it is the absolute weakest glow disc Ive ever seen. I may still have to attach glow tape its so weak.
Yeah discraft glow disc are trash

Niced: (2)
Old 10-22-2020, 08:32 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 13 Times in 7 Posts

Old 10-22-2020, 08:42 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 13 Times in 7 Posts

Glow Slab

Sent

Last edited by franklinturnover; 10-22-2020 at 08:45 PM. Reason: messed u p