Old 11-27-2019, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 210
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 206 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I hope not...the Pure is one of the handful of Lat64s discs I really enjoy throwing. It probably has more to do with Trilogy pumping discs out left and right that the older molds get less attention versus the newest must-have hyped putter.
Here here. The Pure (primarily Opto) is a fantastic throwing putter that really was ahead of its time. The Fuse (OG Opto, none of this newfangled OptoX) and Pain (Roc3/ Wasp-esque) are also two older Lat 64 molds that fall into that category.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2019, 11:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,204 Times in 2,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
Here here. The Pure (primarily Opto) is a fantastic throwing putter that really was ahead of its time. The Fuse (OG Opto, none of this newfangled OptoX) and Pain (Roc3/ Wasp-esque) are also two older Lat 64 molds that fall into that category.
Honestly...any of the OG Lat64 molds I like. Fuse/Core/Pain are a great mid lineup, the Pure is a great all around putter, the Sinus is pretty cool, Vision and Striker are solid.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 220
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,625 Times in 847 Posts

That first run of Opto Striker was outstanding. Too bad there was no consistency from the mold.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 1,073 Times in 504 Posts

Picked up a Kristin Tattar Halloween Opto-X Chameleon Moonshine Pure because I wanted a straight throwing putter for my glow bag. Lat 64 has outdone themselves with this one. They've created a "glow" disc that makes their regular Moonshine plastic (already the weakest glowing stuff from any major brand) look like the surface of the sun. At least it looks cool in the daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Honestly...any of the OG Lat64 molds I like. Fuse/Core/Pain are a great mid lineup, the Pure is a great all around putter, the Sinus is pretty cool, Vision and Striker are solid.
Holy smokes, how did I miss Streets saying something positive about Trilogy products?
Old 10-20-2020, 07:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 5,204 Times in 2,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Holy smokes, how did I miss Streets saying something positive about Trilogy products?
Old 10-22-2020, 10:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Lost my old EMac Mercy and decided to audition the Opto-X Pure for my regular bag's straight-driving putter slot. Very impressed so far. "Holds any line you put it on" is a meaningless cliche at this point, but it applies here. I can put full power into it and it never movedy off the line. Doesn't flip and doesn't fade, kinda like a longer Proxy. I play mostly woods courses and this is exactly what I'm looking for.

These may be complete garbage as glow discs, but it's going in my normal bag for sure.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 41
Niced 845 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Lost my old EMac Mercy and decided to audition the Opto-X Pure for my regular bag's straight-driving putter slot. Very impressed so far. "Holds any line you put it on" is a meaningless cliche at this point, but it applies here. I can put full power into it and it never movedy off the line. Doesn't flip and doesn't fade, kinda like a longer Proxy. I play mostly woods courses and this is exactly what I'm looking for.

These may be complete garbage as glow discs, but it's going in my normal bag for sure.
Your sig says you bag an Envy. If the Opto-X Pure flies Proxy-like lines, then why wouldn't you just bag the typical Envy/Proxy combo?
Old 10-22-2020, 11:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Your sig says you bag an Envy. If the Opto-X Pure flies Proxy-like lines, then why wouldn't you just bag the typical Envy/Proxy combo?
Probably because I don't have a Proxy anymore. I bought one when I started in 2017 because I heard they were straight, point and shoot putters. I naively thought that meant for putting, and all I'd need to do to make every putt was just toss it straight. Like a lot of newbies I blamed the disc. Didn't bag a straight throwing putter until I started playing mostly woods courses a year ago, and at the same time got an EMac Mercy as a gift. While I liked it's flight, I never really loved the way it felt in the hand. Lost it last month and hadn't gotten around to replacing it yet when I got the Tattar -X Pure this week. It seems to work for what I was using the Mercy for.

Honestly if the Pure had worked as a glow disc like I intended, I think I would have looked at the Proxy again for my regular bag. But the Pure works just as well. Why buy twice?

Niced: (1)

Old 10-22-2020, 11:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 203 Times in 109 Posts

I've bagged Pures pretty much since their release. I always enjoyed how shallow they are compared to most putters. They just feel like they leave my hand on putts much, much cleaner.

Then I started throwing Optos off the tee and it totally changed my game. It's my most thrown disc by a mile and it isn't even close. If I can reach it with a Pure, I'm throwing the pure. If it's a tight tunnel or gap I absolutely need to hit off the tee, I'm throwing a pure.

I bag 2 for putting plus2 optos and an opto-x for throwing. The only discernible difference between the opto-x and opto, in my opinion, is a tick more hss. It's just a little more resistant to tracking to the right. But normal Optos can fly like this with just a slight hyzer. Otherwise it flies identical. It just lays down flat with little to no fade if thrown flat.

I only throw flat pures, btw. Goldline and recycled are often domey and definitely flew more overstable by comparison, in my experience.