Old 10-23-2020, 09:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.5
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,599 Times in 1,592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Paige made a nice post on her Instagram, almost sound like she happy to loose to Hailey
Feel free to post it for discussion here. I don't know much about facebook.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2020, 09:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,057 Times in 1,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Feel free to post it for discussion here. I don't know much about facebook.
Instagram

ppierce29190

"I am a natural competitor, I find myself competing at just about everything. My past self would have never imagined that I be sitting here writing this post with such a happy heart, but I have come to realize that this huge win @kinghailey33 had at the DGPT Championship was quite possibly the best thing that could have happened for women’s disc golf. I KNOW this is going to impact Haileys life, and I also know that it will impact so many others. All the young girls and women that have love for disc golf, but always thought it was something they could never make a living on, now have hope. ⁣

They have this record breaking equitable payout from the @discgolfprotour to look at and show their parents that this is a career choice. ⁣

For everyone who watched that final round, you also hopefully learned the biggest lesson in sports. Do not give up. Have confidence and push hard. There is always a chance to score a “buzzer beater”. Anything is possible. Hailey was not the favorite to win this event in the general public’s eye, but SHE believed she was. It is so powerful that her belief in herself lead her to come out with the title and a life size check! ⁣

I highly encourage all of you with a female figure in your life who enjoy disc golf to show them the final round and explain to them that this sport IS growing and it will be worth all the time and effort they put into their craft. ⁣

Congrats again Hailey, looking forward to battling in 2021 and many years to come. I also look forward to the influx of new women that this will inspire to take a leap and join the DGPT next year!
"

Old 10-23-2020, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Instagram

ppierce29190

"I am a natural competitor, I find myself competing at just about everything. My past self would have never imagined that I be sitting here writing this post with such a happy heart, but I have come to realize that this huge win @kinghailey33 had at the DGPT Championship was quite possibly the best thing that could have happened for women’s disc golf. I KNOW this is going to impact Haileys life, and I also know that it will impact so many others. All the young girls and women that have love for disc golf, but always thought it was something they could never make a living on, now have hope. ⁣

They have this record breaking equitable payout from the @discgolfprotour to look at and show their parents that this is a career choice. ⁣

For everyone who watched that final round, you also hopefully learned the biggest lesson in sports. Do not give up. Have confidence and push hard. There is always a chance to score a “buzzer beater”. Anything is possible. Hailey was not the favorite to win this event in the general public’s eye, but SHE believed she was. It is so powerful that her belief in herself lead her to come out with the title and a life size check! ⁣

I highly encourage all of you with a female figure in your life who enjoy disc golf to show them the final round and explain to them that this sport IS growing and it will be worth all the time and effort they put into their craft. ⁣

Congrats again Hailey, looking forward to battling in 2021 and many years to come. I also look forward to the influx of new women that this will inspire to take a leap and join the DGPT next year!
"
Thanks Jolt. If we could only have more grown ups like Paige. Classy!!

Niced: (2)
Old 10-23-2020, 11:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,521 Times in 964 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Thanks Jolt. If we could only have more grown ups like Paige. Classy!!
Quote:
Do you believe disc golf is a career choice? It might work while someone is younger but a career? I don't see it.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,970 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Do you believe disc golf is a career choice? It might work while someone is younger but a career? I don't see it.
It is getting there. Obviously playing disc golf will not be a lifetime career in and of itself but there are more opportunities to transition to something else in dg after playing than ever before.

Niced: (4)
Old 10-23-2020, 11:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
It is getting there. Obviously playing disc golf will not be a lifetime career in and of itself but there are more opportunities to transition to something else in dg after playing than ever before.
I know some people from "back in my day" that has made a career but the percentage is very small. If a child came to me for advice on a career in disc golf I would do all I could to discourage that as a career.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
You probably know I don't.

But, I do see that kids of that age do. I was taught a measure of practicality and forethought, as part of the life career decision making process. I don't think my generation is interested in passing that along.

Old 10-23-2020, 12:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 942 Times in 490 Posts

If that kid was my own, I intend to tell them "hey do whatever makes you happy, and can scrape a living in. Working for a 'career' just due to a paycheck or a title or whatever, to fulfill peoples expectations, if it doesnt also make you happy, you can forget about."

This is coming from someone who gave up their well payed office career to work at a climbing gym. Never been happier.

Old 10-23-2020, 12:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
If that kid was my own, I intend to tell them "hey do whatever makes you happy, and can scrape a living in. Working for a 'career' just due to a paycheck or a title or whatever, to fulfill peoples expectations, if it doesnt also make you happy, you can forget about."

This is coming from someone who gave up their well payed office career to work at a climbing gym. Never been happier.
I don't disagree with this.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:17 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 430 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I know. Felt bad as well, but that's when consulting the scores, caddy, something... to let her know a bogie would have been just fine.
All she had to do was lay up. I get the idea of having a constant attack attack aggressive no matter what strategy, but ultimately the best strategy above all is the player that can manage the balance between aggressive and conservative play. Climo had this ability in spades and was really the ace up his sleeve advantage above the competition in his heyday.