Old 10-22-2020, 02:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 487 Times in 234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I think Im getting a little more snap on my beat in Wraiths lately. They arent under stable but definitely finishing further right.

Really hard to judge though because its been windy just about every chance I get to throw.
Seeing this a lot more lately. I wasnt sure if I was getting anni on it, but pretty convinced now that Im not just releasing it wrong.

I still dont get the kind of distance (speed) I would think was needed to make it flip, but thats whats happening.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2020, 11:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,533 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
Seems like a bunch of retailers got Pro Wraiths in. I got a pair and this run is what I look for. Not too stiff, not too soft. Not pop top, but not flat. Just bought a second pair so I have this slot covered for at least the next year.
I grabbed a 170g pro from a player pack last weekend that fits your description. Flattish and really nice pro plastic. Interested to throw it this weekend, hoping it's OSish so I can beat it up over the winter.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,718 Times in 813 Posts

I better pick up a few tonight before they're gone. And we already got ****ing snow so I'm probably gonna need them.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:56 AM
Par Member

Niced 56 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I grabbed a 170g pro from a player pack last weekend that fits your description. Flattish and really nice pro plastic. Interested to throw it this weekend, hoping it's OSish so I can beat it up over the winter.
I threw my 175g for the first time yesterday. For drivers I typically like 168-170, but really liked the looks of this one. It was fairly overstable, so should be great once it beats in.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:45 PM

Years Playing: 0.7
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I haven't found in this thread although I may have overlooked it but is there a unanimous best version of the Star Wraith interms of different years or models?
Old 10-23-2020, 02:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 637
Niced 2,768 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgsOnTop12 View Post
I haven't found in this thread although I may have overlooked it but is there a unanimous best version of the Star Wraith interms of different years or models?
what different models are you even talking about

Niced: (1)
Old 10-23-2020, 03:40 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
what different models are you even talking about
Thanks for that great input, If you looked you might see that Im new but I meant model as in the destroyer had a couple different players as the signature stamp on the disc which made the disc more valuable like the Avery Destroyer. Sorry if thats tough to understand
Old 10-23-2020, 03:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Niced 1,533 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for that great input, If you looked you might see that Im new but I meant model as in the destroyer had a couple different players as the signature stamp on the disc which made the disc more valuable like the Avery Destroyer. Sorry if thats tough to understand
The answer is no, there is no unanimous opinion on which run of star Wraith is the "best".

Niced: (2)
Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
The answer is no, there is no unanimous opinion on which run of star Wraith is the "best".
Thank you. See thats how you respond, dont have to be an ******* just to try and sound smart

Old 10-23-2020, 04:16 PM
Par Member

Niced 56 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
This is 100% my personal opinion, but here are all the Wraiths I've tried:

12x stock: The one I have is from 2018 or 2019 and is on the flatter side in the 160s. I really like it. After beating it in, it got pretty understable probably due to the weight and the flatness. Honestly I think the feel depends on the color you get. Mine is orange and stiff. In my opinion, this is the Wraith you should buy.

Madison Walker Swirly Star: First release was all 169-172g, then they came out with more up to max weight. Plastic is nice and tacky. They start pretty overstable, but the one I beat in is a little squirrely in the wind, but flies true to the numbers in calm weather. The plastic is a little less durable than stock star from what I can tell. These are hard to find and go for about $50 on ebay now.

Bottom Stamped: Extreme pop-top garbage, but some people like em. Not sure if all bottom stamped came this way. A little more stable than I'm used to.

GStar: Flippy out of the box, especially in lighter weights. They fly great, but more like a -2 turn if that's what you're looking for.

Pro: The runs are inconsistent, but I think this is my personal favorite if you find one that's a little softer and not too domey. The most recent run came out great as I mentioned earlier in the thread. For a mid-grade plastic, they of course beat in faster, but seem to stay in the sweet spot for a while. Mine is warped but is still going strong.

Champion: I bought one used, but it pretty much flies like a stable Wraith. Thanks to whoever beat it up for me!

Color Glow Champion - Flat: Meathook

Color Glow Champion - Domey: Overstable but have a nice flight. I haven't used mine enough to beat it in.

Niced: (1)