Old 10-03-2018, 04:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 109
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 690 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboycub View Post
What score at T.C. Jester Park(Blue Tee only) in Houston, TX, would convince people to take this speed DG serious?
If by "take serious" you mean "try it themselves"....nothing. No score you shoot will ever convince the crowd here to try speed golf as anything more than a gimmicky version of DG to play every once in a great while on an empty course.

But I doubt many people take issue with you doing it. It takes like 30 seconds to let a speed golfer play through. You do you.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-03-2018, 07:40 PM

Courses Played: 26
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I'll take that as a personal challenge I got on here to feel people out and it seems people are stuck in their ways. I will do me. "No score will convince the crowd here to try speed golf". I love comments like these. Thank You.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 557 Times in 406 Posts

Didn’t really know I’d be playing today, but got some unexpected free time and hit the course.

I only had my backup bag on me, which right now is the all Innova bag I built for fun.

Really didn’t know what to expect from some of these discs and a couple I had either never thrown or had not in a while, so it was interesting. Shot -7 which is my average on that course, but I got my birds in different spots than I do often. I still had Firebirds, Destroyers and Giants/ Rocs and Bards aren’t that different so that was fine. Even the Teebirds were good.

I didn’t like putting with the Aviars, and ended up going with the Champ Rhyno I had to putt a lot and made some big putts with it. So missed my Atoms.

Also use the Stego to drive on 4 holes here usually and not having it cost me probably 2 strokes where I usually birdie holes with it and by far over threw two holes with the Rhyno.

Overall good day... as long as your arrows aren’t crap, I guess it is all about the archer.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:35 AM

Courses Played: 32
Niced 62 Times in 18 Posts

I thought of BBoy last night, playing a round with my son and a lady from our usual weekday group...

A guy came up on us with one disc and waaaaay more sweat pouring off of him than would be warranted in a usual round, so we waited on the next tee to let him through. Sure enough, he throws a pretty good drive and proceeds to sprint after it. "Thanks, guys! Have a great round."
We chuckled amongst ourselves for a minute, you know, "Can't imagine doing that," etc., then moved on. An hour later, here he comes again...

So he played at least two rounds, while we didn't even finish 18 before it got dark. There's something to this.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-04-2018, 10:37 AM

Courses Played: 26
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

So people do like to play fast! I'm so glad to hear he was polite and didn't run through your game like a jerk.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:31 PM

Far from it, sir! He was apologetic, if anything, which was unnecessary from our point of view. He was clearly playing quickly, and we were having a relaxed beer-round.

There are plenty of people who seem to enjoy a "running round." We see it often, and while we don't see ourselves doing it, we certainly don't begrudge those who do. Everyone has their thing. I'm not one of those purists who takes issue with any deviation from the norms and whatnot. Even the "bro-chuckers" don't bother me too much with their continuous etiquette breaches. As long as they don't litter or destroy property, I say more power to them. Eventually, someone will educate them. I've got more important things to worry about, like washing my hair on Saturday nights...
Old 10-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 71 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthRocker View Post
I thought of BBoy last night, playing a round with my son and a lady from our usual weekday group...

A guy came up on us with one disc and waaaaay more sweat pouring off of him than would be warranted in a usual round, so we waited on the next tee to let him through. Sure enough, he throws a pretty good drive and proceeds to sprint after it. "Thanks, guys! Have a great round."
We chuckled amongst ourselves for a minute, you know, "Can't imagine doing that," etc., then moved on. An hour later, here he comes again...

So he played at least two rounds, while we didn't even finish 18 before it got dark. There's something to this.
I do the same exact thing. It is a great form of exercise and helps with the constrained amount of time I have to play.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:23 PM

I hereby proclaim that because of BBoy and the good Doctor, if I can quit smoking - which is a goal for 2018 - I will play one round per week with 2 discs...at a fast jog. No sprinting for this old man, at least for the time being. Once the lungs re-pinken, I can test out the Joints.*

*Resist the temptation, 420 rascals

Old 10-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 24
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Shot a 57 at Red Orchard park in Shelbyville, KY. True par 64. Tough course. Got a 2 on #1, a 495' straight shot with tough rough all around. My first two on that course!